OH CRUD! We're late! 8/29

Options
aakaakaak
aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
Sometimes things just don't work out. We get caught up in things. Sometimes you don't get to do the things you planned. Other times, like now, you don't post as quickly as you should have. :wink:

So how do you recover from a "bad moment"? I'll tell you how you SHOULD recover. You should get your butt back in gear and forget you ever messed up, or were late, or didn't get a chance to work out, or ate a cookie you weren't supposed to. If you can recover and still be under calorie wise, you can still call it a good day. If you're over on calories do your best to minimize the overload. Don't take a bit of a slip and turn it into a 2,000 calorie Ben & Jerry's bender.

Today's challenge: Share a way you recovered after a potentially bad day.

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    How funny this came up today... had one of these kind of days! Normally go to gym for 5:30 Combat/Pump, well, we were deconning one of the labs today, I suppose I should say that I was since I'm the only one that knows how to do it, anyway, took longer that I expected to get it set up (tends to happen when all of the sudden I have three people watching me instead of helping) and I like to wait a while after I get it started to make sure there are no leaks in the tape on the plastic over the doors. Well there was a leak and it wasn't in the plastic or the tape, turns out one of the room seals had a leak so I had to seal the outside door too. So I missed class (I did call Super Trainer to let her know that work kept me, not that I was having medical problems due to new meds) normally I would be upset say to heck with it and over eat. Not today, I ran a couple errands and realized it was later than I thought now with the new meds I have to wait two hours after I eat to take one, so I did get something out so I could eat before I would end up staying up too late to take the meds, got two tacos from Taco Bell (plain ones not the fancy ones) and that was it. Still within my calories for the day, and I'm right back on track tomorrow with working out: I train with Super Trainer and Sat I have Combat
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    You seem to get stuffed in the lab a lot.

Something you can do for a quickie is run into a grocery store and pick up some pre-cooked chicken or do their salad bar. They're usually right up front. You're in and out in 10 minutes. You can't eat it on the road, but you can eat it when you get home. And if you're really craving food badly you can swing by the health food or medical supplement aisles and they'll usually have protein bars you can chew on instead of grabbing a candy bar.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I don't have one. :ohwell:

14877786.png
  • Gingerjoanna
    Options
    This is a bad way....but sometimes I just go to bed really early so I'm not tempted to eat anymore :)