Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2022

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
edited July 2022 in Social Groups
3xybgbfq0cqa.png
Here is your Team chat room for July 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The July challenge runs from June 26 - July 30. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    nbet9o05njzu.jpg
    Welcome everyone to our July chat thread! I am Jessica, your crazy Captain on this part of your journey! I hope you find this little "family" to be as supportive and helpful as I've found it to be during my time here.

We would especially like to welcome our newbies this month:
    @Bumblesandbees
    @Nataliewr0403
    @laguera148
    @cosmiccurves

For those who haven't already done so, please take a moment and introduce yourselves so that we can get to know you a little better. Tell us a little bit about what you hope to accomplish in July and beyond! On behalf of the whole team and especially our motivators, @PatriceFitnessPal and @angmarie28 please let us know what we can do to better support you. If you have questions, post them, if you have concerns, air them and if you have suggestions, please share them! You will get from this group just as much as you give, so I encourage you to use it.

After this posting, I will be posting our monthly FAQ file and it will answer many of your basic questions about our team and how things work around here. Anything not covered, please ask us and we'll do our best to find more information.

Good luck in July!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    cxpvt2gtcpp9.jpg
    FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?
    Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8 or TheMrWobbly) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if you explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple!

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Time to SHAKE THINGS UP! in our Jul Week 1 Group Challenge. Hope you'll join us this week!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10867779/july-week-1-group-challenge-shake-it-up/p1?new=1
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @bumblesandbees Your starting weight was listed as 110.4...is that pounds or kgs? We always post all weights in pounds to keep things consistent, so just trying to clarify...if that's kgs, please convert and let me know so I can update the spreadsheet before you start your weekly weigh-ins! Thanks! I had sent you a private message but didn't get a response...sometimes the PMs are a little wonky. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Welcome @bassclef to our team! Glad you found us! I'm placing this welcome in both the June and July chatrooms since we start the new month tomorrow...don't want you to miss it. As a former piano teacher of 23 years, I can very much appreciate your username! :smile:
    c3k93w20wsf1.png
    I'm Jessica, your Captain.

Please take a few moments and read our FAQ file either on page 1 of the June thread or the first page of the July thread. It should answer a lot of your questions. If you have questions note covered, please post them and one of us will get back to you. Also, when you have a second, introduce yourself and give us an idea of what brought you here and some of the goals you have for July and beyond.

Again, on behalf of the whole team and our motivators @PatriceFitnessPal and @angmarie28 WELCOME! I hope you find as much support and encouragement as I have during my time here!

• bassclef
    bassclef Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    (Repeated from June chat, as I found that first.)....Thank you @jessicakrall8! I play piano and bass guitar, and thus the userID. I'm also an erstwhile gardener, Healthcare professional, and self-proclaimed novice carpenter, as I'm trying to renovate my house.

I have used the diary part of MyFitnessPal off and on for about ten years, but have never participated in the community. When it comes to diet and exercise, I do pretty decently with the exercise part, but I struggle with overeating and unnecessary snacking. I hope to meet others for ideas, inspiration, and motivation. I'm looking forward to participating in this challenge.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Good morning,welcome to @bassclef I hope you gain some inspiration from this group.Love your username !
    @frankwbrown lovely photos,looked like you had a great walk.
    My steps
    6/22 7,998
    6/23 9,768
    6/24 10,055
    6/25 7,282
    Another hot day today so another day of lying on the sunbed with a good book & a crossword to share with my hubby.Its a hard life 😎🌞
    Have a great Sunday !
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,203 Member
    Options
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Fri 6/24: 17,174
    Sat 6/25: 7,393
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    us827gaze3tn.jpg
    Step Challenge Participants, please take a look at the June step chart and post your steps for any spaces where you currently see zeros from Weeks 3 and 4 of June. I will hold off until next weekend to post our winners to give you time to do so.

If you are a tracker fanatic, please join us for the July Step Challenge. Simply make a posting in this thread, give your first name (for the chart), list your daily step goal you hope to achieve and tell the group your favorite place to go walking. PLEASE, if you sign up, dedicate yourself to posting your steps at least every 2-3 days, as it makes it easier for keeping up with the stats. The Step Challenge is a fun way to compete with yourself (goal) and with others in the group for the monthly stats of who wins each week and who gets the top 3 spots for the month.

Reminder that the Step Challenge, because of its daily step goal, does NOT carry over from month to month. If you want to renew to it, you must do so the first of each month. Hope you'll join us! Let's get to steppin!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    6/24 5,178
    6/25 7,119

I will join for July step challenge: 6,500 steps
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

uvu5sc6z0ucw.png
    8m0y42ig4n5d.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    1hkswelbahny.png

By Pounds
    hn5h0gf5uyfn.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    gfkh48kg1pm8.png

By Pounds
    e5upp1at6f32.png
    67oq1z4wr8pc.png

Team Winners
    zthymexdi468.png
    89475ggl8108.png
    de8hqiebwx6u.png
    9q57dac006xb.png
    9nzkmmqa4cft.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

mm1irzahbzrj.png
    c9s9imdc6a6u.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    5zlhl1wjhmag.png

By Pounds
    6ov942ctd4gf.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    cscx9luejibq.png

By Pounds
    l2exd80rpvxp.png
    apm997rm1vcx.png
    al532xxptgot.png

Team Winners
    4aozj1bvhfaz.png
    iah9zoz9v1li.png
    3tg9rscnlclm.png
    7wvnbmsswen8.png
    rodbswt12ht7.png

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS to all of the June and this week's winners and all of those with honorable mentions! Great job and keep moving forward!
    Jessica
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Trying to catch up. I'm in WVa this week visiting the family. It killed my steps for yesterday.

Jax_Grim
    Sunday weigh in
    PW: 239
    CW: 238.5

Step Goal 14k
    6/21 - 16250
    6/22 - 13105
    6/23 - 13972
    6/24 - 13968
    6/25 - 2419

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Steps 26 June: 15.399
    I would like to join the step team again with 14.000 steps, thank you! <3
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Sunday started a little bit early because Tinus woke me up twice, so I gave up around 6. I did a lot of laundry and the rest of the day was pretty lazy. While I was out with Tinus, we ran into a neighbour two houses over who told me of a cat he 'found'. It is more like she found him though! She showed up 4 days ago and wouldn't leave. He invited me to come over and take a look, so I did after bringing Tinus inside. She is a very tiny calico cat, probably very young. Not chipped, though she was really friendly, so she must have had a home at some point. I have a lot of spare cat stuff, so I asked if he needed anything. I went home to grab a flea treatment, some toys, a small tent house with a blanket and I told him he could loan my cat carrier if he needed to go to the vet with her again at some point. He is not sure what to do with her yet, but it would be nice if her previous owner shows up. Hopefully she is healthy. He said I could come over to see how she was doing in a few days. I am getting my mom over on Thursday for a few nights, so we might go see her together. My mom also loves cats, but she goes on vacation quite often so she can't have one.
    Happy Monday everyone <3
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ewilhelm2487
    I'm so sorry I got to weigh in this weekend. We had graduation parties all weekend and by the time we got home I was getting everyone ready for bed and falling asleep right after.
    This is my last week's weigh in
    PW:237
    CW:237.2
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Jax_Grim wrote: »
    Trying to catch up. I'm in WVa this week visiting the family. It killed my steps for yesterday.

Jax_Grim
    Sunday weigh in
    PW: 239
    CW: 238.5

Step Goal 14k
    6/21 - 16250
    6/22 - 13105
    6/23 - 13972
    6/24 - 13968
    6/25 - 2419

I wish I was busy enough to make these numbers every day lol I'd think with two kids I'd get in more steps, but I guess not lol
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Good morning all ShapeShifters and thank you for the welcome!

I would love to join the step challenge, please! Trying to work up to 8,000+ steps per day!

Daily Step Goal: 8,000 steps

Little introduction of me!

Stats:
    HW: 320 lbs
    CW: 288.2 lbs
    GW: 200 lbs
    UGW: 180 lbs

I am 34 years old as of today (it's my birthday!) and am a wife and mom of three boys so far! My husband and our three children are all lean and active machines, and while I am active, I'm not nearly as lean LOL. Some of my main motivators for weight loss include being able to keep up with them, being a healthier version physically and mentally for myself, and also to prepare my body for a potential pregnancy within the next couple of years, depending on how things are looking at that point. I love my body as I am today, as my body has been very good to me despite the rollercoaster I have put it through. Now it's time for me to be good to my body and treat her with respect!

I am super excited to be a part of this challenge! I have over 100 lbs to lose and am very early on in my journey still. I enjoy being outside and hiking, I'm an astronomy nerd, and a nerd in general about all things pop culture in the nerdy world of science fiction and fantasy!

My goals for this challenge are to make it into the 270s decade finally, and to increase my daily steps from 3-5k to 8k+!

YRpPbcw.png
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    @cosmiccurves Welcome! Sounds like you have lots of wonderful motivators. Their are lots of nature walkers/hikers in the group, and i personally love their nature pics. Would love to see some of your tooif you'd like to share.
This discussion has been closed.