GET DAT REAR IN GEAR July 2022

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
It's not summer for some of us. It's winter in the southern part of the globe. Or you can take the position of the sunny side and remember we're smack dab in the throes of the oh-so-lovely 2022, still freakin' dealing with one kind of crazy nonsense or another... Whatever the season (or catastrophe. There's always somethin' these days :unamused:), the month of July is as good a month as any to endeavor to challenge ourselves to stretch our goals, to push ourselves a little farther or harder, because we know, if we want to, we can do anything. These past couple years have def proved how strong we can be!

Some of us have been plugging along and maybe have slowed down their effort a little. Some of us have paused to blink and noticed "Dang! 6 months are gone already, and I'm still spinning my wheels not getting it done. :grimace: "
No problem. It's Get Dat Rear in Gear July. Off yer duff, me hearties! It's go time.

63tlqnl38zwz.jpg

Whether it be revamping our on-going plan or finally spurring ourselves to get off our rear and start, let's challenge ourselves to improve our efforts. As long as it represents an improvement for you and your health/fitness, your goal is perfect for this month, whatever it may be. Buckle down on plan basics? Push a little harder in workouts? Branch out and try a new kind of exercise? Stepping up lagging NEAT? Or just plain BEGIN? It's all fair game.

Get dat rear in gear, y'all, and see how far you can go! I think you'll surprise yourself. :wink:

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,298 Member
    Options
    My July Goals

* stay low carb/IF (will incorporate keto recipes)
    * walk M-Thursday (today I walk 12.46 miles for 276 minutes) my furthest so far :)
    * Swim in our pool M W TH and Friday
    * steps 12,000 a day
    * drink 140 ounces of water daily
    * Meal prep on Sundays
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I'll be diving right in come Friday as we are camping 7/1-6. We'll be kayaking, biking and hiking daily. Planning a much lighter menu for this trip as well (overate the last time). Will set some goals when we get back.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, it’s July already? Well, I’m back this month to get it in gear. I’ll keep it basic since I know what needs to be done. Watch portions and eliminate snacking at night when I’m not hungry. I maintained through June so will take measurements early next week to see if anything changed besides no weight loss.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Starting the month off recovering from kidney stone procedure. Weight gain - so not happy, but due to no activity and eating a little more comfort food. I get the stent removed today so really hoping to get my activity back to normal. Managed to walk about a mile yesterday.
    Goal for July - Carbs under 75 a day, 50 even better!
    - 10,000 steps a day
    - lose 1 lb a week minimum
  • taylok23
    Options
    7/1-7/2
    I underrate Friday and had decision fatigue late in the day resulting in getting junk at the grocery which lead to overeating. Got it back on track yesterday staying under calorie goal with no snacking all day.
  • taylok23
    Options
    7/3 was a total flex day in which I logged nothing and had a miserable stomachache from over indulgence. Today looks to be better or will need to be to remove 4 pounds of water weight I gained over the last two days!
  • offitgoes
    Options
    Happy 4th!! Really doing well this month so far. Gained at the beginning due to surgery but just a couple days of good low carb eating and I am down over 5 lbs. So excited!! Loss the surgery gain plus a little more!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Glad to be back and Thank you @baconslave for this thread. Great support here!
    Mary from Pennsylvania 65 now, Heaviest weight 255 lbs twice. :-(

UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. For challenges my official weigh in day is Sunday. I weigh daily.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22-155 lbs 100 lbs lost of 133 lb goal
    4/1/22-156.4 lbs (Lowest weight 4/6 & 4/7-147.6 lbs)
    5/1/22-158.8 lbs
    6/1/22-152.2 lbs
    7/1/22-157.4 lbs

7/3/22-160.4 lbs :( I've been like a See Saw, up, down, up, down for 4 months now. Still doing my Elliptical for 180-210 minutes for 13-14 miles. Did a Marathon, 26.2 miles on the elliptical about 2 weeks ago. Recently added weight work. Got my son to take some of the heavy plates off our Leg/Shoulder press rack. Doing Leg press with 100 lbs, Lat pull downs and dual hold Bicep curls, 50 lbs each on the double pulley rack and 10 lb dumb bell bicep curls and Tricep kickbacks. Hopefully this will kick start something or at least tone me up!
  • taylok23
    Options
    7/4-7/5
    A couple of better days of being back to calorie goal. That dropped a couple of pounds but not back where I was. I’m off work this week which is a struggle without the structure so I need to plan to stay on track.
  • baconslave
    Options
    I'm here. Exercising, doing the keto and watching my cals. Basically just trying to maintain this month since there are so many interruptions and so much stress right now. :grimace:
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    My Fitbit battery died while camping and I forgot my charger. Even with the lighter menu I still ate too much. However, we kayaked 4 hours, biked 3 hours, walked a ton and did an adventure course at a local gorge near the campground. That was extremely challenging, two hours of climbing cargo nets, walking over high wire bridges and climbs on ladders and rebar steps attached to the walls of the gorge. Helmets and harnesses so it was safe but a couple of times I wasn't sure I could do a section. Felt very accomplished after. Now back to reality and setting some goals.

7/7-7/31 goals
    Be active every day, setting alarms on my phone to motivate if needed (more like alarms to limit sedentary minutes)
    Add leg work to my strength workouts
    Eat more vegetables
    Drink more plain water

Overall I feel great but have plenty of room for improvement.
  • taylok23
    Options
    7/6-7/8
    I just can’t seem to find balance in my choices these days. I have done alright with not snacking the last few days but only because I’ve had one larger meal mid to late afternoon that has upset my stomach, causing me to not want to snack. There’s one way of doing it, I suppose. Lots of room for improvement this month!
  • offitgoes
    Options
    So far this month I have really kept my carbs in line. Yesterday did have a little too much popcorn at movies but down 3 lbs for the week. This really is the first time for me being consistent with controlling intake of carbs. When I feel like eating something I shouldn't I remind myself "Do I really want to mess up my winning streak?" Works for me!
  • taylok23
    Options
    Had a good day today. While I had carbs at dinner, I limited my portion and stayed under calorie goal. I wasn’t as hungry today as normal. Too bad that never seems to last!
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    7/8-7/10

Be active every day-✔✔✔ Walking, gardening and walking
    Add leg work to my strength workouts-✔ oh my the gardening certainly qualified, I'm still hurting!
    Eat more vegetables-❌❌✔ need to be more consistent with this
    Drink more plain water-✔✔✔

4th of July camping weight is coming down nicely. Should be back to July starting point by Wed.
  • SpunkiMama
    SpunkiMama Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    MY goal for the remainder of July is to
    Drink more water!
    Keep up with strength training, and to
    remain CONSISTANT with the gym!

Hopefully by 8/1 I will have establish a routine... I have to do something.
  • taylok23
    Options
    7/11-7/12
    Up a fourth of a pound, down a fourth. That’s my world these days. I had a snack of nuts after dinner but limited my portion and stayed within calorie goal. Now to eliminate those altogether! Some stress over the last few days contributed to that.
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    @taylok23 I feel ya!

7/11-7/12

Be active every day-✔❌ Strength/Walking Monday, nada yesterday
    Add leg work to my strength workouts-❌ not quite ready yet, maybe today
    Eat more vegetables-❌✔ need to be more consistent with this, big salad last night though
    Drink more plain water-✔✔

4th of July camping weight stopped coming down the past couple days. Grrr.
  • baconslave
    Options
    not a lot to say. Exercising, ketoing, and maintaining. Which is good! Busy busy.
    I imagine the rest of y'all can say the same.
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    Def have been slacking. The only activity I had since Tuesday was a 1 hour paddle on Saturday. Hubby is off his game as well. Time for us both to get back in the gym.