Tuesday cup of joe 7/19/2022

Options
kgmoody
kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” – W. Bruce Cameron

Replies

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Heat wave hitting us with high humidity. Ugh.

Girls night here tonight. My house is looking pretty clean. No kids!!

Make it a simply marvelous day!!
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Hope you had a nice visit with the family/boys!

Have a safe drive, Dennis! #Tucker says he can't wait for someone else to throw the ball to come by!

Continues to be a busy busy day. I'm behind after 3 hours in ID office yesterday for a new PIV card. Ugh! Incompetence is one of my biggest pet peeves (behind bad drivers.....or maybe those two are related).

C'mon Happy Hour!

skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Kelly, you sound a lot like my DW when it comes to your house. She is like Monica from the TV show "Friends". OCD cleaner to the max. I cannot even use my own kitchen. I am regulated to cooking outside. I am surprised I am allowed to use the bathroom indoors. I do not clean up to her standards. She even rewashes dishes I clean. But she loves her boys so much that she will allow DS#1 and DDIL with their giant black dogs that shed lots of short hair free range of the house, then vaccum and swifter the house clean the second they leave.
    Am so glad she quit smoking back when the boys were little, but I think it helped manage her OCDness.
    Juan Soto! Julio Rodriguez really won but since they do the playoff round system Julio got edged by Soto who basically didn't have to work as hard to get to the final.
    Personally, I believe the online and gaming culture is a big part of the active shooter problem. Another part of the problem is too many rats in too small a cage. I grew up in a time when we drove our pickups to school with our hunting rifles and shotguns in the gun racks and mass shootings were almost non existent.

BBB OP ;-)
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I got 9 hours of sleep last night, so I'm much better today.

I put it on social media and unstable home lives. FB allows kids to be bullied 24/7 and broken homes do emotional damage that kids have trouble dealing with. Worse though when the parents have a toxic marriage, so I'm not sure what the answer would be.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Bike was serviced super fast so we only spent an hour or so exploring Tuscan. Homeless an issue there too. Maybe it’s every city now…sad.

Today we are on a quest to eradicate the pack rat. Our homeowners called and offered us $250 plus supplies to get rid of them. His pest patrol company wants $500 plus weekly visits for trap check. Ron’s going to give it a try. He set up his tiny cameras and already has footage of one.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Summer continues, Hot and Humid, normal for south' not so for North and Northeast' even Europe is having record highs where most do not have air.
    I see main problem as we took God out of folks lives, values have gone; many are no longer exposed to God and Christian beliefs, Things are placed higher than life and people.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

DW and I are feeling lousy together, this morning. Definitely not allergies (and tested negative for Covid). Just a rotten cold. At least being sick together, we shorten the time frame, rather than doing it in sequence.

I watched the Homerun Derby for the first time in a long while, just to watch J-Rod. Rodriguez' offensive numbers are almost identical to Junior Griffey's rookie season, and he is already one of the best defensive centerfielders in MLB, too. Interestingly, there are rumors around here that the Mariners might be players in a trade for Soto. Wouldn't that be a pair to have in the outfield?
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I think Dave is getting excited about Mariners baseball. I made it to Marymount.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Hope Marymounts welcoming committee took care of Dennis! Have a great session.

Skip its sad the lack of competence many workers show, and frustrating!

I'm wrapping up at hospital with infusion No. 6 of 8.

I'm confused Steph with what exactly you're trying to trap for a $250 Bonus?

Ken Griffen Jr. Of the Mariners, was ds1's idol in the 90's!

Kelly, enjoy girls night!

Sam have you tried liquid fence" to stop the deer??