Wednesday Cuppa Joe 7.27.22

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” – W. Bruce Cameron

Replies

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of "not feeling well", Skip. I hope everyone's better today.
    I hope your grandkid trip is good, Dave! We had 3 of ours for 9 days last week (2yr, 3yr, and 9 yr) on our trip. It was good, but I was beyond exhausted at the end of it. Their parents were on a separate trip.
    Dinner and live music with a friend sounds really nice, Mary! I hope you enjoyed it!

So ... let's see. To catch you up:
    * We had our annual up north trip last week, and it was really nice! The weather was perfect. Family was great. We were watching the kids so it was incredibly busy and I changed 20372726492 diapers and cooked all the meals for everyone and did all the cleaning and had no time to myself or to relax. But for toddlers, they were awesome.
    * The recovery ministry that I'm launching at church has been announced and is getting started. I've had a bunch of people message or call who are interested in being a part of it. I'm excited! So far, we are moving my recovery Bible study in there in August, and a GA meeting in September. I think I'll be able to start up at least 1 regular AA meeting there by that time, too, and probably an Al-Anon.
    * Dd22 and her new hubby are doing awesome as newlyweds. I love them.
    * Dh is traveling on business this week (he's in SC), so the house is more quiet than usual. He's tired from the trip, too ... I wish he'd had a few days to recoup first. But alas.
    * My next big thing is our WW Coach gathering in August. We rented and AirBnB on Lake Eerie in Ohio and we have all kinds of cool things planned. It will be fun!

Hugs all around!
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

So great to see you kickoff this morning, Miss Lisa! That sure is alot of diapers!

DW/DMIL still feeling ill - DMIL headed to clinic today for a rapid test. Home COVID kit (I believe) is not accurate. Tucker is 100% back to normal.....He's off to daycare today for a day of puppy playtime.

Long work day ahead. C'mon weekend!

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

LOVE the Lisa family updates. Wishing I had grandkids.
    Hope it is not COVID, Skip.
    DW getting a routine colonoscopy this am.
    Coolish weather continues.
    Dennis is Nationals over yet?
    Mary still working from Glamper?

BBB OP ;-)
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Great to see Lisa kick things off. I'm exhausted just reading about all she does.

Dropping Sassy off at the pet lodge, then taking off for our jaunt down the Oregon coast.

All the arrangements are solidified for our cruise to Alaska, the first week in September. I need to pick up a new iPhone 13 next week. Everything on the ship runs through an app and my old iPhone 6 has been dying a slow death for months.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    NOTHING is more impressive to witness than a Twilight Tattoo Ceremony!
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB

Might get some rain at the lake today. I'm heading back home tomorrow.

Lisa, toddlers are indeed exhausting. But Fun! Wishing you all the best in your new ministry... you'll be great!

Hope the ladies all feel better soon!

My bff got covid19 but more like bad flu intestinal and exhaustion, not cold like symptoms. 5 days and she can now say she feels better.

Well I got some quotes to get out.

Have a good day BBB

• LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Happy Humping,
    Home from getting cataract removed and new lens inserted in right eye, will be back there 8:15 in morning, left eye in two weeks,
    DW having to chauffer me around till Friday
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Hi. Busy over here in Indiana.

Dave, we love “alone”. Very good recommendation. Alaska is on our bucket list.

I wish I had kids married and grandkids too. Oh well, when they’re ready.

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Oh my neighbor Sandy, got her colonoscopy yesterday she keeps saying Colon scopy. 2 words. It’s hilarious.