Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 I forgot to post the pic of Blackbear Bosin's famous statue in Wichita, Kansas, "Keeper of the Plains." I think everyone should see how awesome it is and Google his other work too.

cqhai3cgpgls.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 230.8
    CW: 234.2
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 You are welcome! I know it is intimidating, there is a lot to think about...take your time! And yes, thank you @Cornanda for suggesting the challenge! Yes to dancing to Prince!!! WOO HOO!!! <3<3<3 Oh such good news about Joe! I hope they can figure out the anemic problem and that it is something easily solved. Poor Maggie Mae. Great goals for the challenge! And great first day. You've got this.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad you had a good time at the conference. I bet you did a lot of walking. Cute picture! I hope the new plan helps you get to where you want to go.

@leti126 Congrats on the loss! Great step counts there. I'm sorry about the IBS flair-up, that must have been the pits. I hope you enjoy your last weekend of freedom, do you have plans for the weekend? Great goals!

@davors19 Well done, great loss!

@shaunarlr83 Thank you! That sucks about Beachbody pulling the funds early. :( I hope you find a coach that motivates you. I'm glad the challenge will help get you into your groove! That's great it worked out to wait. And I'm glad your mom's surgery was postponed, that worked out well! I think sometimes we should all sit and wait, that when we rush things/force things, it doesn't work out. Enjoy your hiking, I'm hiking tomorrow too!

@19shmoo69 YES!!!! Great NSV! I have problems with clipping my toenails myself. I can imagine you must have been delighted to do it without your lips turning purple!

@Katmary71 His "women" are just as fun to dance to as well! That's a good idea to do 2 things a day. Sorry about the fire alarms, that must have driven you nuts. Have a great Saturday!

@GabiV125 Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW1020 @shaunalr83 That is a really cool statue! Thanks for sharing about your uncle and thanks for sharing the picture, Teresa.

Hello all. I am not at all happy with my gain but not surprised: I got groceries yesterday morning and some chips and dip jumped into my basket. At home, they didn't last long. :( My husband and I didn't end up going to get a beer, we came home and had a Prime Video Watch party with my best friend. Are you familiar with those? It's where you watch the same movie with someone(s) that aren't in the same place as you and you can chat through a chatbox on the screen of your tv. It's fun. We started a couple of movies but neither were any good so we gave up and went to bed.

CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I drank enough water but I did not meditate yesterday.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 I have a Beachbody subscription and an awesome coach! Her name is Nix Beach and she is awesome! She runs the best Beachbody Facebook group that I always find super motivating and supportive. If you are interested let me know and I will hook you up with her contact info. :) And wow ohhhh wow what an incredible story about the hotel room and your mom’s surgery getting postponed! God is very good to us when we just stop and let Him do his thing! o:)

@19shmoo69 A very good NSV for sure! :grin:

@Katmary71 Ugghhh chirping smoke detectors are the worse! I changed all our five last month and no noise until 11 pm when the one in the hall outside my bedroom started chirping and woke the dog. Seems I had the battery in backward and it had to wait until we were all asleep to let us know. :#

@trooworld I know you aren’t happy with the gain but you know what to do to turn it around. <3 Let the Fall Challenge motivate you and do your best to go 100% all in on your goals. That is what I’ve got to do to turn myself around. Bummer about not being able to find a good movie. :/

Hi Team! So yesterday I did a booty workout and today I did 80 Day Obsession's AAA which also focuses on the booty. Let me just say that I have now popped two Ibuprofen and hit my sister up for a muscle relaxer. :D I am redoing my will next week since so many things in my life have changed since I did it in 2014. It hurt to have to tell Joe that because of his increasing dementia and not knowing what our future holds, he can’t be my health care proxy. He understood of course but hates what is happening. :'( OK, I’m going to get a cup of coffee and work on a jigsaw puzzle since I have zero energy for anything else. I think the muscle relaxant is kicking in! :p

My Goals:
    1. Minimum 17 hour clean fast 17 hr. 45 min.
    2. At least 20 min. of physical activity every day 60 min. 80 Day Obsession, AAA program.
    3. NO gains on the scale! No Gain!
    4. EXTRA: Post my daily results check :grin:

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    8/23: 14,057
    8/24: 8,088
    8/25: 8,155
    8/26: 13,902

My 3 goals for now until 9/22:
    1. 10k+ steps/day weekly average
    2. Close my exercise ring 5+ days/week
    3. 7 days in a row without going over on calories… twice
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    The August Week 5 Group Challenge has been posted and is ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Aug 28th. Please join us for a chance to Ladder Up and build momentum throughout the week with whatever activity you choose! Bring a friend or two and I hope to see you as you post your experiences throughout the week. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10872521/august-week-5-group-challenge-ladder-up#latest

Jessica
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    It's been a scattered week and on top of it, my scale battery died. I hope it's just the battery and I don't need a new scale

So no new weight this week I'm afraid. Hopefully things will settle and I'll be back into my routine her shortly.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I got too far behind and just caught up so I will jump in where I am.

@trooworld - I think it might have been @Katmary71 who had the challenge idea. I'm in! Will post my stuff later. Not sure why I have to think about things so long lol.

@TeresaW1020 - I'm still praying for Joe and I hope the biopsy comes out OK. Doing wills sucks- makes you think about all the things you don't want to think about. But it has to be done, so good for you.

@19shmoo69 - I think you need to be careful about what you are posting on here. The toenail one made me laugh out loud and I almost spit out my coffee. That would be a tragedy.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - I had iced green tea yesterday, so I played for both teams! #teamcoffee #teamtea

LOVE the Keeper of the plains statue! HATE smoke detector batteries!

Had a decent week at work. Starting a new project- It will be nice to have something different to do. I got partially back on track this week- more exercise and more healthy snacks. I need to put up a really good week this week because next week is my husband's birthday, so some treats are planned. And then 2 days after that we leave on a vacation to visit our family in WI- there will be a lot of eating out and you may remember how my MIL stocks up on sweets when we are there. I think that's what's holding me back on getting all the way back on track is that I know I will soon be off track again, but that doesn't make sense.

Back with challenge goals later.

Lisa

• Cornanda
    Options
    5drhsdtkougt.jpg
  • Cornanda
    Options
    OK, I wanted to see if that pic would load.... that is the crochet project that I started in 2009 and finished about 2 weeks ago. I had all the squares done, but I put it aside and never got around to sewing it together. My daughter picked out all of the yarn colors- hopefully she still likes them now since it took me so long to finish this for her. I know she will be very surprised to get it.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Week5
    Sunday
    P. W. 281 or 292 (whichever was decided to use)
    C. W. 276

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 143.2
    CW: 139.6
    Goal Wieght 135-140
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Challenge goals:

2 strength workouts per week
    1 mobility/stretch work out per week
    plan exercise for the week on sunday
    Choose produce heavy snacks/sides over carbs every day
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,556 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I love your watch party, Bill and I pick a movie and watch it together, that's why I wasn't on last night, I was watching The Wolf on Wall Street, it was 3 hours long and I didn't know until the last hour but it's a good movie. We take turns picking.

@Cornanda Love your quilt, must feel great to finish it!

Hi gang, doing a quick drop in, going to take off for my brother's for a family get together soon. Still working out and mostly eating well except last night I fell off the wagon into a peanut butter jar. I'm still thinking of goals, I'll probably do meditation and a booty band workout or strength training, still deciding. Have a great Sunday!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Hi Team! Just a quick check-in to post my goals. I will catch up with you all tomorrow. :)

My Goals: Sunday, 6/28
    1. Minimum 17 hour clean fast 20 hours
    2. At least 20 min. of physical activity every day 30-minute walk in the mall with my hubby and then a trip to the grocery store.
    3. NO gains on the scale! I had a small gain, which is probably from the weight lifting. :/
    4. EXTRA: Post my daily results check :grin:
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

4fyhrsto6dhd.png
    jco3bsjmams3.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    dgh2dylw7fsj.png

By Pounds
    kr8rbjtd70yy.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    dl609ycerai2.png

By Pounds
    w8s191obw9c3.png
    0sz14jg5shs4.png

Team Winners
    rj5x2kmg5l9d.png

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,083 Member
    Options
    Hi MS...You have a new member joining your wonderful team ....Please welcome @megnolia82 :)
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Challenge check in
    My workouts are planned for the week and I drew spaces on my calendar to record my success with eating and exercise for the day. Visual stuff seems to help me.

Have a good week!

Lisa
This discussion has been closed.