Hi, August 13

Options
LadyWyn1
LadyWyn1 Posts: 14 Member
Just joined, hoping this group is active. I am 72 and need to lose over 100 pounds. Lost 50 on the Free to be Bible Study many years ago but it seems to be out of style now. There doesn't seem to be many bible based groups here or I might be looking in the wrong categories. 🙂

Replies

• abbyadk
    abbyadk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just joined. I hope this group will be encouraging
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am 69 and have 40 pounds to lose, 10 of which I have knocked off in the last 6 weeks. I love Jesus and get much encouragement from the book The Daniel Plan. I ambeginning to think of my body as the Lord’s temple and want to think twice about how I caring for it.
  • LadyWyn1
    Options
    Hi, I know about the Daniel Plan but have never read the book. 10 pounds in 6 weeks is absolutely awesome.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Thank you. I hit a wall after the first ten pounds and got stuck. I am pretty good with meeting my calorie goal, so next week I plan to try to up the exercise. Some days it is hard because I watch grandkids during the day and then I am too tired to get on the elliptical machine at night, but I know I need to find a way to make it happen. This isnt just about weight. It’s about health.
  • LadyWyn1
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I am recovering from a slight stroke plus arthritis so some days I simply can not seem to muster up more ambition then getting out of bed and dressed. Yes, health is more important than just weight. I could not do any extra last week and am amazed at how fast I lost my endurance. I was walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes today just 5.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Yes, it is hard to build endirance and easy to lose. I will put you on my prayer list. I am still stuck at the same weight, but the exercise is getting easier. My goal for the next week is to up the veggies and make better food choices. Even though I am staying in my calorie limit, i know some of my food choices are not that great. I am going to work on improving nutrition. If I can find my copy of The Daniel Plan, I need to read it again to impress myself with the fact that my body is the temple of the Lord and i am the caretaker. So far, I have been a very bad caretaker.
  • LadyWyn1
    Options
    Sounds so normal. I am definitely a poor caretaker especially right now for some reason. I am very negligent with the vegetables even the ones I like. As for fruit, pretty non-existant. I know a person my age is suppose to have 1 apple and 1 banana per day which sould be easy but I don't think I've had an apple in 2 weeks. Just crazy. I used to love an apple with a tbsp of pb before bed in aligne with my diabetic instructions but for the past year it just seemed like too much work. How can it be work? It's so easy.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I didn’t know I am supposed to eat an apple and a banana every day! Guess I need to make an effort. I love vegetables and shop the farmers market when I can. My husband used to grow them, but he really isnt able anymore, so we buy them. Unfortunately, i love almost every other thing there is to eat. Tracking calories on here is helping me to make better choices. I’m in another group for 60 and over and ready to do this, or something like that, that has 8 ladies in it. Their encouragement helps a lot too.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    60 & over, serious & ready
    Is the name of the group
  • LadyWyn1
    Options
    I like most vegetables too just seems like too much work nowadays. Really do need to get my rear in gear. Thank you for the name of the group, I'm going to take a look at it.
  • LadyWyn1
    Options
    The group is not listed.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143458-60-over-serious-read

Seeing if I can possibly link. I am so dumb about technology…