Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Leslie Sansone September 2022 Walk Challenge

texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited September 2022 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

The September Walk Challenge starts tomorrow, so now is the time to be deciding our new monthly challenge goals and plans!

Whether we use Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, or streaming our walks and workouts, they continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors in the heat, and for some of us that might easily continue on into September B) .

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVDs or streaming workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other instructors' walking or strength, or yoga workouts. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk or workout in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes, however you did it... it is all good!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk or workout this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like or are able.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill, including strength or yoga or anything else that you are planning on doing. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know.

I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into September 2022!

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together, and let us walk with a smile :)

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Welcome to Stepember ;)

Only 1 goal for me this month, my watch challenge is to walk 86.8 miles this month.

I officially "graduate" from physical therapy next week as I can better manage my foot/ankle situation and no longer need hands-on assistance. :)

Thought I would mention that Jessica Smith just put out a new 2 Mile walk on her youtube channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRkgBlgqnMU

AND

I found this available on Amazon. I believe this is the 1st DVD release that does not feature Leslie.
    https://www.amazon.com/Walk-Home-Resistance-Drawstring-Exercise/dp/B09S9JNV5Y/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=walk+run+lift&qid=1662160702&sprefix=walk+ru,aps,104&sr=8-3

• jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Sticking to just tracking steps for my first challenge. 5000 steps a day X 30 days = 150,000 steps.
  • Deeder522
    Just under a 2.5 mile walk tonight.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    September Goal: 130,000 steps / 65 miles

Totals so far: 31,673 steps / 15.84 miles

Keeping my goal the same as I have for the past few months. Works well for me so I see no reason to change it. :)
  • mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Happy fall yall!

My goal for September is to end the month consistently achieving > 10k steps daily. I renewed my leslie for a year and plan to incorporate some of her walks and walk, lift run in the coming months as my restrictions ease up.

I've gained this summer but I keep reminding myself that healing was the priority and not weight loss and now that I'm feeling increasingly better I can be more active more of the days and this will improve my mood, reduce my food and sugar intake, and naturally help my weight start to go back down. I was so close to my goal I had a vision earlier this year of achieving it this summer but the Neverending health issues really cramped that plan. However, even with weight gain I think there's a good chance that with concerted effort I can get there by end of 2022!

We've booked a winter vacation to tropical islands 🏝 and that's a little extra motivation for me to achieve my goal in a realistic way and get my booty walking and lifting again so that I feel strong and capable when we tour and also so I can rock my swim suit.

As always, thankful for this group, a sounding board, a little place on the net to record accountability for my movement, and always a group of supportive sisters who encourage me to move more and stay strong.

Monthly goal >10k steps everyday
    This first week I hit >7500 steps on 5 days
    This week's goal =7500 steps everyday and I'm going to ensure that by doing at least 1 mile before and after work and in the middle of the day on my lunch break or during a virtual meeting as I can find time!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    September Goal: 130,000 steps / 65 miles

Totals so far: 57,290 steps / 28.27 miles
  • Deeder522
    Only 1 goal for me this month, my watch challenge is to walk 86.8 miles this month. 34.75 / 86.8 miles tracked.

We had our first deer sighting tonight. A small group of 5. Glad to see them and hope they make it through the seasons coming up.
  • mypinkbikini
    In the past 6 days I've hit 8000 steps every day. My goal in the week ahead is to hit over 9000 steps a day, everyday, and inch towards more than 10k daily by end of month. My weight is stagnant, but my sleep and bathroom schedule are both on point so I know the walking regularly through the day is helping.

I also hope to incorporate light weights into my workout a few times a week so I may start by carrying them on a few short walks throughout the day today and Thursday just to get back into the habit. I know it will take some time to get back to run walk lift and ill also look online for some easy weight videos to follow but I want to go slow and let my body adjust to more demanding walks this month first and foremost.

I hope everyone has a great day and a great week ahead!
  • Deeder522
    In the past 6 days I've hit 8000 steps every day. My goal in the week ahead is to hit over 9000 steps a day, everyday, and inch towards more than 10k daily by end of month. My weight is stagnant, but my sleep and bathroom schedule are both on point so I know the walking regularly through the day is helping.

I also hope to incorporate light weights into my workout a few times a week so I may start by carrying them on a few short walks throughout the day today and Thursday just to get back into the habit. I know it will take some time to get back to run walk lift and ill also look online for some easy weight videos to follow but I want to go slow and let my body adjust to more demanding walks this month first and foremost.

I hope everyone has a great day and a great week ahead!

If you haven't looked already, Jessica Smith TV on Youtube has a HUGE collection of videos including some with many for strength training and weights.
  • mypinkbikini
    Thank you. I'm planning to do another weights session today so I'm going to search Jessica Smith TV!

I'VE BEEN OVER 7500 steps everyday this week and double digits 10k plus 3 days, even with a conference away from home, so I think it was a great week.

Weight hasn't dropped but I've maintained and maybe with the sleep disruption and food changes being away from home Thats the best I could hope for!
  • Deeder522
    September Goal: 70.4/ 86.8 miles tracked.

We have a little fall weather preview happening right now so our evening walks are on hold, for the moment.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Hi everyone. This has been a mixed up month on many levels for me, and not always in a good way. I do not even need to look back over my workout calendar to know this. I'm closing out September and choosing to be more hopeful for October. It was good to read this month's posts today and "see" you all stopping by here and posting.

@Deeder522, I hope that your 'fall preview' is happening in a good way. We are currently 91 degrees late afternoon. I just hung up a laundry load out on the line that I forgot to wash earlier... but since it is only the guest room bed sheets they will be dry by evening. No autumn preview of any kind around here at the present 😎.

How are the deer faring so far this month? I hope that you have seen them during the month.

Congrats on the amazing, over your goal mileage, that you walked this month!

Thanks for posting the Jessica Smith new 2 Mile walk on her YouTube channel. That was also an interesting link about the newest WAH DVD that is out now. Things certainly have been changing over the recent years.

@mypinkbikini, your daily steps are phenomenal, and you are working hard, but in a really smart way, to get back to your being fully recovered and feeling more healthy and strong once again!
    Way to go!! I am truly proud of you.
    I was so very happy to read that you are planning a winter vacation to tropical islands. What a blessing after everything going on with your health, including the long recovery phase. And an extra incentive to
    finish strong!

@Americanbabydoll, your September Goal of 130,000 steps / 65 miles is a big goal! And you are going strong so far! Well done!

@jltheis7, tracking your steps for your first challenge is a fine challenge goal. Have you been tracking your steps on your own before, or is something new to you?

I'll check in later this weekend to see how September wrapped up for everyone. Thanks y'all for keeping this group going. I read every post and am grateful they were there to read. It is good to see new people here, as well as our long time friends

:flowerforyou: .