Sunday Cup of Joe 9/4/2022

Options
raineray
raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy)

Replies

• raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BBB.
    We are wrapping up the last 2 week of 7 weeks working on the road. It has been great but it's time to go home.
    --> Tom & I can't make the BBB weekend retreat - anyone want to hop in the fun last minute your cost is only $231.60

Do good out there everyone ❤️
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I'm adding a plug for the gathering, too. The place we're staying at is on a beautiful lake and has 2 kayaks, 2 paddleboards, a paddle boat, walking trails, a full game room with foosball and pool and a nice fire pit and a bunch of other stuff. We'll be taking turns cooking most of the meals for each other, so food costs will be minimal (I think we're planning to eat out one dinner). We're hoping to spend some time exploring the little shops and areas around, too. It will be peaceful and filled with nature and bonding with each other. I'm so excited!

I'm up and need to get ready for church. Dd22, her dh, and Dd26 (she's in town for photo shoots) will be having lunch with us after church, too. I'll probably invite Amelia as well. The more the merrier, right? Happy Labor Day weekend, you awesome people!

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Not happy - but the visits (uninvited) went well yesterday. Or at least, no drama.

Nice day today. Looking forward to pool time with DF and Tucker.

Thanks Lisa for making this happen! Payment sent.

~Skip
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Got to sleep in this morning. One combined church service at our historic campus downtown at 11am.
    • Looking forward to our Lake Anna outing. Check will go in the mail this afternoon Lisa.
    • Enjoy that last piece of vacation Mary.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

I’m sad to miss the meet up. We will still be on our Arizona housesit.

Pool party yesterday was fun. It was at the home of our current homeowners sister and BIL. We have met them a couple of times. Way too much sugary daiquiris so today will be a short hike then a nap. I think the excess sugar is more troublesome than the rum. Should have made G&T’s or mules.

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, folks.

The football game was great fun yesterday. A much different atmosphere then when I was in school. Carnival-like, with a Ferris Wheel and everything!

1ev5lfjsb6h8.jpg
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    Looks like an awesome game, Lou!

#Summer of Lou!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,695 Member
    Options
    Evening BBB

Sipping on some bourbon drafting fantasy football. Looking for a kicker and I'm done.

BBB OP ;-)