Greetings

Hello MFP Fam, I just put this forum together, I’m here to be of support for anyone on the spectrum and especially for survivors of narcissistic abuse.

I have extensive experience in group therapy, talk therapy, and psychology. I figure we can support each other here and encourage healthy relationships and self love.

You’re not alone. ✌🏽

Replies

• UpbeatRadish
    UpbeatRadish Posts: 4 Member
    It's been taking me three good years getting over narcissistic abuse from my family, brother, sister-in-law, sisters, and the psychopaths in my circle of friends. I was getting help in OA, but the "sponsor" wasn't sympathetic. he thought narcissists are human too. I took a free online therapy course in anxiety this year, and resilience last year, but they weren't really knowledgeable in narcissistic abuse. I did lose 20 pounds last year, so my eating has been much better, and my self-care is better. I called last year my year of Disintegration, and this year, Reintegration. Ever since COVID, I've been trying to heal. Sometimes it's like I'm feeling great, but lots of times I'm so shattered, and also schizophrenia from the 1990s, lingering mental illness. Financially my family is still keeping me on an allowance, the silent treatment, gaslighting, projection, all the manipulation. I try to go "Yellow-Rock," not totally grey-rocking, but casual. A couple weeks ago, my husband and I visited family in Chicago, and my sister was so crazy with me, drama. I guess I'll never be totally free, but I'm distancing myself, no-contact, better boundaries. It's like now that I know about this abuse, I'm hypervigilant. I am high-grade supply. i have to change.