How to exercise when you're 270

Options
Can anyone recommend how I can get my body moving/start exercising at 270lb? All the workout videos expect me to stretch and be able to do all these different things that my body just can't do, and it's instantly overwhelming and too humiliating to do, so I need someone that's been there that can tell me what's possible for me :(

Replies

• bbwkitten
    bbwkitten Posts: 104 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Im 310, used to be 370 and got down to 286 or so but then fell off track..

But… Richard Simmons videos are awesome. Also don’t expect to do the moves perfectly, as long as you are moving, hell make up your own moves lol

Swimming/aqua fit is great exercise.
    Exercise bike is good too as you are just sitting but moving your legs etc…

Hope this helped. You can do it!!!! Oh and dancing is great exercise too, crank up some tunes and dance around your house lol
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I second kittens ideas really! Swimming and exercise classes in a pool at great when you're heavy. Also if your gym has recumbent exercise bikes instead of normal ones, you sit on a normal seat rather than a little saddle so it's comfortable. Back when I used to exercise I could only managed a few mins on the bike at first at 318lbs but could do 30 mins 3-4 times a week after long. Lastly weight training is my fave. I started with squats etc without weights and built it up (figured I was technically already squatting a *kitten* load because of my weight lol).
  • Icelady80
    Icelady80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Honestly I was there and just started with simple walking and moving more. Simple things like printing to the main printer rather then the one in my office to just force myself to get up and move. Not an exercise video fan so a little later i just added 10 minutes in the morning of elliptical that i had in the house. And a few times a week just simple stretches for my arms and legs to loosen muscles