Wednesday Cuppa Joe 9.14.22

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"Self-esteem comes from what you think of you, not what other people think of you."
- Gloria Gaynor

Replies

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning, BBB! It's 0500 hours! What does the O stand for? OMG, it's early!

Today is my long day, so I'm up and at 'em. What do you all have up today? We are 1 week and 2 days out from our Virginia get-together, and I'm so excited! Honestly, I'm SUPER excited to meet your wives, guys. I hope the weather is good for us! But even if it's not, we'll have a great time.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Bags packed.
    • Bike serviced.
    • On the road in about an hour.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Traffic in Austin is back to pre-pandemic levels and then some. It's stretching my commute by about 10 minutes in the evening.

I gave up free tickets to the UT game on Saturday to go to a kid's 2nd birthday party. 40 yard line, 16 rows up. 🙄

Speaking of... My buddy Bob became a first time father yesterday at 47. I see much back pain in his future.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Safe travels Dennis!
    Traffic is picking up everywhere around here but I can see it only getting worst
    Enjoying cooler temps and clear skies
    Off to yoga class and then tearing out tub and putting shower in will take a few days,
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning

Took day off today.

Dropped Vette w/ auto shop for some work; Tucker is at Doggy DayCare; Dentist appt and haircut will wrap up the afternoon.

Looking forward to VA soiree!!!

Safe bike trek, Dennis!

Sam - are you doing this DIY or do you have someone? Sounds like a big job!

Cheers,
    Skip
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Still waiting for Covid test results. DS's came back positive, so I am not optimistic. His symptoms are mild. While waiting for our results, I can still take Sassy for a long walk.

I finally looked at photos from our cruise. I'll share a selfie of our family before boarding in Seattle.
    8gsnddwgo3ju.jpeg
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Great picture Dave.

I’m pleasantly surprised by traffic in Mesa/Phoenix. They have a good infrastructure and it moves well. We take two different freeways to “game” night and even at rush hours it really isn’t a problem.

Our hike yesterday wiped me out. We added a new loop and it was tricky and steep. Going for a 20 ish mile bike ride today then hope to relax at the pool.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I have 2 guys that said they are going to help; neither knows anything about construction or plumbing, but they can haul and lift,