Intro!

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm 36, and this is my second pregnancy, but my rainbow baby šŸŒˆšŸ’ (open to questions if you are curious)

I have struggled with both weight and infertility constantly due to PCOS and numerous other mental and physical factors.

I lost just over 100lbs before starting work with a local fertility clinic (went from 418 to just over 300lbs) and after working with them for a year and a half finally got my rainbow miracle.

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes near the end of my first trimester, and the scale is creeping back up on me. I'm at almost 360lbs again (some gained back just before pregnancy, most since pregnancy).

My GP is happy with my 2nd trimester weight gain, and I've managed to slow it down to 0.5-1lbs/week. I'm currently 25 weeks.

Just wanted to say hi to this group and I'm happy to connect with any other rainbow parents, big parents, parents struggling with body dysphoria, gestational diabetes, infertility, or anyone who wants to chat!

Also happy to hear any advice for meals, snacks, etc. We love trying new foods in our house!

Take care friends šŸ’

Replies

• jsponger
    jsponger Posts: 3 Member
    Not sure where you are at now but Iā€™m currently at week 20, started my pregnancy about 15 lbs more than I intended (yay work from home :-1: ), 31 BMI and 5ā€™0ā€.
    I know moving forward even if I keep my current calories/healthy eating and some exercise this baby is already adding 0.5-1 lb a week. Dang.