🙏Prayers Requested for a fellow Challenger ~ Bruni (🌶️RHCS🌶️ Team Member/Baggage Handler/WL)🙏

Options
hicim705
hicim705 Posts: 5,194 Member
I asked Bruni if it would be okay to share this news with the 🌶️Red Hot Chili Stepper (RHCS)🌶️ Team. Prayer is powerful, I thought I would share with our leadership team as well ... for any of you that may know Bruni - she is wonderful and a real gem to have as a co-leader and friend ... please keep her and her family in your thoughts:

Yesterday, Bruni shared with the 🌶️RHCS🌶️ Leadership Team:
I am sorry I have not been to active today but we are dealing with some tragic news of some family members in New York.

Here is the news clip.
**Ten people were injured, including two children, after an New York City police vehicle collided with a car and crashed into a Bronx sidewalk Thursday afternoon, authorities said. 10 people injured, including children, as NYPD vehicle crashes into crowded Bronx sidewalk.
The collision happened at about 3 p.m. ET near the intersection of Hoe and Westchester avenues, which is a little more than 2 miles east of Yankee Stadium, police said on Thursday.
Ten people were injured, Chief of Patrol Jeffrey Maddrey told reporters. The victims include a 65-year-old, a 5-year-old and a 2-year-old, Maddrey said.

The 65 year old is my cousin, her daughter and her 5 year old grandchild. They are currently in critical condition and waiting for an update.

Please keep them and all the families that were struck by the car in your prayers!

Bruni

I requested @Bruni's permission to share with all of you. I (or Bruni) can post updates as she has them. In addition, it would be great to offer up any thoughts and prayers for her family at this most difficult time.

I actually heard about this horrible accident in the news ... never thought that it would also hit so close to home. These Challenges are so much about support ... please join me in supporting our fellow Co-Leader. Thank you.
Heidi (hicim705), Captain
2022 Fall 5% Challenge ~ 🌶️Red Hot Chili Steppers (RHCS) Team🌶️

Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges hosted on MFP

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry!! WOW life can suddenly change. Hopefully all of them will fully recover with no lasting damage. Hugs
  • jeanhickokhaley
    jeanhickokhaley Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Praying they heal. Hugs for you and your family!
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,308 Member
    Options
    Praying for all affected by the tragedy.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    Praying for full recovery for everyone
  • Natroushka
    Natroushka Posts: 2,778 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers for all involved.
  • Patti3563
    Patti3563 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers for all.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Will be praying for everyone. Thank you for letting us hold you all in prayer.
  • hicim705
    Options
    Update from Bruni - 10/11/22. . .
    l58bmx06gm04.png

Heidi (hicim705), Captain
    2022 Fall 5% Challenge ~ 🌶️Red Hot Chili Steppers (RHCS) Team🌶️

Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges hosted on MFP
  • WinterflowerSP
    WinterflowerSP Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Deeply saddened for this family. Prayers for peace and healing.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    hugs and prayers for the whole family.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    SO SORRY!! Oh my heart dropped greatly reading about Millie and Angie. Let's hope they can both turn around and improve. No doubt the Dr's are doing their very very best. GO KYLE!!
    Oh Bruni heart breaking doesn't even begin to describe the feelings for you all.
  • Jer2ber
    Jer2ber Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Oh how awful! I will pray for healing for all who are injured and for comfort for you and your family who are struggling with anxiety and fear. I believe strongly in the power of prayer 🙏 so we won’t give up! ❤️
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,939 Member
    Options
    How terrible!! Prayers for you and your family for strength and recovery.
  • bbonet3
    bbonet3 Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Update on Sunday, 10/16/2022

Thank you all once again for all your prayers for my family.

As of today this is the update:

Angie was been responding to verbal commands but she has pneumonia and they will be performing a tracheotomy to help her breathe.
    Millie, her daughter, has not responded or woken up to any commands. Doctors are worried. She also has pneumonia and needs a tracheotomy.
    Kylie is home with cast, stiches but doing better.

Thank you all for your prayers!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    Hugs, so very very sorry they have to do a trach on both Angie and Millie. Scary time for sure.

Glad that Kylie is home even with the cast and stiches, no doubt she's besides herself with not just that worried badly about her Mom and Gram. My heart goes out to you all so much. Such a fun time so quickly changed.
  • bbonet3
    Options
    Monday, 10/17 Last Update

Millie has an infection on one of her lungs and she had her tracheotomy today.
    Angie was going to have surgery on her leg tomorrow but that has been postponed because she needs to have surgery on her intestines because she has an abscess which if life threatening.

Things are still very critical for both.

Thank you all for your prayers!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    HUGS hon!! SO MANY HUGS!! Oh my!! I am so so sorry hon. Let's hope they can still fight it. Our hearts go out to you very much so.
  • hicim705
    Options
    @bbonet3 ~ Bruni: Thank you so much for updating with these difficult posts. I'm sure that I speak for many when I say that we are all thinking of you and your family and hoping for the best possible outcomes ... many, MANY HUGS are sent to you and your family!

t3tfn0pnme5i.png
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    hugs and prayers
  • bbonet3
    Options
    Tuesday Update.

Angie had surgery today, she had a perforated colon due to the accident. Surgeons will go back in tomorrow to clean out some more intestines and they will determine if she will need a colostomy bag.

Millie no change.