TGIF Cup of Joe 10/14

Options
mcee1
mcee1 Posts: 3,573 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy)

Replies

• mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Its apple season and Im up early to
    make a Dutch apple pie to share with my lake friends. Courtland, Macintosh, Granny's all local of course.

Saturday the boat gets trailered and winterized.

I got my flu shot last week. No ill effects.

When's Stella coming Home?

Have a great day BBB!
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I got both my flu shot and Covid booster yesterday. Both arms hurt, so I'm not flying anywhere for a few days.

Cecilia is doing orientation on the new job today and starts officially next Wednesday. Her departure from the current gig yesterday went incredibly well. Farewell lunches, a positive exit interview experience, etc. She really liked her coworkers there. It'll be an adjustment going back to WFH without people to chit-chat with regularly. But she'll have the flexibility she really needs.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,978 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Still feeling ill (flu).

Called out today. I'm positive the stress of work is feeding this.

Have a great weekend.

CONGRATS on new role, Celia!

Skip
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,903 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Maybe the Mariners just need some home cooking (he says with crossed fingers).

Got our flu shots, yesterday. No side effects, at all. My shoulder isn't even sore. We'll do the Covid booster next week.

Sassy has been getting into a lot of mischief the last few days - taking things off the counter and chewing them up, getting into waste baskets. She hasn't done that since she was a little puppy. Maybe it's from her spaying. It will be beautiful here again today. I'll get her out for a long walk. If I can tire her out, perhaps she won't be tempted to make a mess.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,665 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

"Sassy has been getting into a lot of mischief the last few days - taking things off the counter and chewing them up, getting into waste baskets."
    Lucy has been doing the same thing and she hasn't been spayed. Caught her chewing on the outside slider door jam on the back porch this morning. Cooler weather and shorter days seems to ignite friskiness/mischievousness in all dogs.
    Is today your date with the new surgeon in Georgetown Skip? Feel better! Hope you have some chicken soup handy.
    Dutch apple pie. Yum!
    Hang in there Lou. Glad Cecilia transition to WFH is going well.

BBB OP ;-)

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,533 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Thinking about our conversation yesterday the biggest benefit for my new hearing aids is watching TV. The blah, blah, blah becomes understandable conversation. I have an adapter on the TV that feeds the sound directly to the aids.
    • I got my flu shot yesterday. Arm is sore but other than that I'm good. Get well Skip.
    • Had a heart to heart with the Honda dealer yesterday. Hope to see some progress with Stella.
    • Good luck to the Mariners and the Braves.
    • I like apple pie, just sayin'.
    • Good luck with the new gig Cecilia.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Well wishes to Cecilia on the new gig.

Met a local couple that is in my early retirement group at a cider bar last night. Interesting conversation. They are still working but have a 5 year plan. He works for united so great transportation benefits. She is from Nicaragua originally so they have been to South America often.

Feel better Skip.