Introduce Yall'selves!

Talk about your experience:
This weight loss journey can be recent or you may have been struggling for years. Talk about what trials and bumps in the road you may have experienced. Talk about your successes! Why do you want to lose weight? How did you lose weight? Growing up black how did weight affect your life? I am happy to meet all yall and to hear your stories!

Replies

• FitatLast67
    FitatLast67 Posts: 76 Member
    edited October 2022
    💃🏿💃🏿💃🏿Wow first(non creator) post! Thank you for creating this group! I’m really looking forward to sharing ideas, stories, successes and help with everyone.
    My story - I’m a 55 year old perpetual dieter, I’ve done them all and I have slowly but surely reverted to what really and sustainably works for me….Good ‘ole calories in versus calories out. On my current journey I’ve lost just over 10kgs in 56 days. I’m currently 101kg and I’m aiming for 80kg. In the last 30 years my lowest weight has been 86kg and highest 120kg. I’m an avid exerciser, I swim 5-6 times a week, used to play tennis (stopped because of my weight) and I’m trying to get back into a Bootcamp routine, but starting really slowly.
    I want to lose weight to feel good and generally be healthy. Ill health sparked my current weight-loss decision and it’s the best thing I could’ve done. I’m eating normally and I’m trying to cut out pastry, sugar, rice, bread….the outcome has been amazing and I’m not depriving myself. I use MFP to monitor my calorie intake.
  • cjbrown12323
    cjbrown12323 Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you for sharing your story and for joining the group! I hope that this group will be a casual but supportive group. No commitment to a fit group membership or anything like that. Just casual conversations!
    Wow! 10kgs in 56 days! Thats great! I wish I could do that! haha. I mean I can gain 10kgs in 5 or 6 days haha. Swimming is such a fun way to exercise honestly. It's also very low impact! Do you hope to go back to Tennis?