Holiday eating

Options
Ohh My, this is the begining of the end !!! Sept thru Jan, all the yummy different fall and Holiday foods.
How are you going to cope??? What strategies do you have in store?

Me?? I am going to continue to log everything, make good choices, and if I can't do that I will eat a tiny bit of what they have and deal with the hunger and log it later. I'm on a roll with this and have to keep it up !!!

With that being said what are Y'all cooking for Labor Day?? Beef ribs here , grilled chicken, black eyed peas,rice and strawberrys and cantaloupe. MEASURING EVERY THING :)

Have a great weekend.

~~~ Pam ~~

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have it all worked out :) its a good plan apart from the dealing with the hunger bit, I don't DO hunger lol. Seriously though, its about making our allotted calories go further so we never feel hungry...upping the protein always works for me so choose things that will keep you full.

I am a big fan of saying a little of what you fancy does no harm, seems to work for me -in my case if I want a chocolate bar I split it with hubby so only half the cals yet I get to sample and satisfy my sweet tooth cravings.

And if you really want something you know you shouldnt have, go for a good walk and see if you still want it, if you do, then have it knowing you will have offset it by burning cals as you walked :)

Your dinner sounds delish, I'm sure everyone enjoyed it :)

Have a great weekend.

Ruth
  • Sarahkoolkatkitty
    Sarahkoolkatkitty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Ah, it sounds like you both have it down! Like you, I just eat some of what I want, but log it and keep it under my calorie goal. I love eating, but I have learned how easy it is to go overboard. That said, on Thanksgiving and Christmas day I'm logging 3000 calories for breakfast and eating what I want all day. I did the same thing on my birthday and didn't gain, so I'm pretty sure I'll make it through the holidays. Last year I hadn't started logging yet, but I still lost 20 pounds between Oct and January. So with MFP I'm sure I'll be able to continue my very slow but steady weight loss this year. Enjoy the weekend!