βœοΈπŸ–ŠοΈπŸ““πŸ’» ATTENTION ALL BLOGGERS!! βœοΈπŸ–ŠοΈπŸ““πŸ’»

Options
hicim705
hicim705 Posts: 5,196 Member
edited November 2022 in Social Groups
βœοΈπŸ–ŠοΈπŸ““πŸ’»2022 5% Challenge Community ~ CALLING ALL BLOGGERS!!βœοΈπŸ–ŠοΈπŸ““πŸ’»
RIGHT HERE is the place to share YOUR blogs ~ here is how:

For those of you that absolutely love to blog, MFP's Blog Feature has changed (essentially, gone away). The Overall Leadership Team of the 5% Challenge realizes that blogging is an essential part of the overall well-being for many. Even for those that don't blog frequently, we love having the opportunity to read each other's blogs as a way to stay connected with those 5% Challengers we have grown fond of. That said, we are going to try a new 'feature' as part of our 5% Challenge Community: We will have a thread of blogs for all bloggers. > > > > (Members will post their blogs on this discussion topic, then paste the link on their team page) < < <<

We plan to have this thread open through the end of the year so that we can all come together to read and comment on one another's blogs. (Please share your blog on the discussion topic below)

In addition, we have even been thinking of having a 5% Challenge Community Blogging Group. More about that for the 2023 Winter 5% Challenge ~ it is something being considered and the beginning of a New Year/New Challenge would be a GREAT time to begin.

Ready ... set ... post your blog!!
Β«1

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,206 Member
    Options
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,311 Member
    Options
    @macrat12 - the first link gives me a page where I can create my own blog and the 2nd link says Private.
  • DNjoys
    Options
    @hicim705 - Just trying to understand how you'd like this to work before I announce it to my team. Is this a place to actually write our blogs, or are we supposed to do that off site and have a link to them?
  • macrat12
    Options
    @DNjoys Try this one I went and found a different link https://sarahhealthyjourney.blogspot.com/
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,422 Member
    Options
    Hello, the blogging thread is a great idea, however, my page is set to friends only so only those folks can see my blogs. I post pictures that I might not want the whole world to see. If there is going to be a 5% Community Blogging Group, will it be set to private? As it is this group is open to the public. Just saying something to keep in mind when deciding. Thanks for all your consideration to help those who blog ... or occassionally blog ...
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,196 Member
    Options
    DNjoys wrote: Β»
    @hicim705 - Just trying to understand how you'd like this to work before I announce it to my team. Is this a place to actually write our blogs, or are we supposed to do that off site and have a link to them?

@Ceri and I were just chatting about that. I've invited her to re-word as appropriate.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,740 Member
    Options
    There was just a slight miscommunication when the message was set up. Blogs may be posted HEREto this discussion thread until the end of the year. We are working on what to do starting in 2023 with the Winter Challenge. @LindieMaeP thank you for your input. We will definitely keep that in mind.

If anyone else has suggestions please feel free to offer them.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,083 Member
    Options
    @Ceriusly1 ,, like @Lindiemaep ,,, I too put up pics (GGS so cute!) but wouldn't want that "out there" We'll talk over ideas.
  • DNjoys
    Options
    @macrat12 - your last link works. :)
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,272 Member
    Options
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Ceri, as you know I write an individual blog that everyone is welcome to read. I've written on that blog since 2008 and includes everything from travel to recipes, philosophy to gardening, and more. Would I be permitted to post that link here? Or do you want only blogs that are written on MFP?
  • Ceriusly1
    Options
    @lavalily YOu may post the link to your blog here.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,951 Member
    Options
    Thank you for setting this up. I'm really annoyed (seems to be my word this week) that MFP is eliminating the blog portion of this platform. And I'm even MORE annoyed that there isn't a simply way to grab all of your blogs other than one by one..... My blogs are doable but some people have blogged for an eternity on here!! Hopefully, they saved before they posted!
  • katiecondy1
    Options
  • Ceriusly1
    Options
    @itladyee I've only been here for a year and don't blog a lot but the easiest way to save your blogs is to copy/paste them to a Google or Word document. It's time-consuming but worth it for your records.
  • macrat12
    Options
    @itladydee Mine are on other sites too so I'm not worried about my blogs. I have them on blogger and wordpress site too.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,951 Member
    Options
    I'm good. I was able to capture all of them. I actually have some entries posted elsewhere (blogger) and my personal log. I also drafted everything before I blogged anyway so I had them, just not all in one concise place dealing with the subject matter at hand. I like change, but I don't like change!! :wink:
  • katiecondy1
    edited November 2022
    Options
  • Ceriusly1
    edited November 2022
    Options
    It's time to start posting your blogs here. Please continue to share your blog link on your team page.
    please copy the link when your post is open. Otherwise, the link takes you to the page and not your specific blog. (I think this is how it works. I'm testing it now).

When commenting on a specific blog, @name the person at the beginning of your comment so we know which blog the comment goes to.

We realize this isn't perfect and we are working on a better alternative going forward.

This is a copy of my last bog on my blog page.

Ceriusly1's Blog
    Sometimes Serious, Sometimes Fun, Random Musings
    5% Last Words on MFP Blogging (Edit Post)

Posted on 11/20/2022 by Ceriusly1
    Last Words on MFP Blogging

I am moving previously written blogs to my blog on Word Press. I haven’t added anything there for quite a while but here is the link if you would like to check it out.

https://ceriuslyceri.blog/

For all you bloggers and blog readers on the 5% your OALs are discussing the best way to include your blogs going forward.In the meantime, please post your blogs here until further notice and also post the link to your blog on your team page.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10877447/%EF%B8%8F-%EF%B8%8F-attention-all-bloggers-%EF%B8%8F-%EF%B8%8F#latest

That’s it for this space. We 5%ers are resilient! We have bounced back from a much harder loss than this! We band together and embrace change! We take control of things beyond our control.

We….please help me fill in the blanks by posting a 5% We in the comments.

Thanks!

Ceri, who is Gr8ful to be a 5%er

votes
    +-
    5 comments:

jopa17 wrote 23 hours ago:
    Best of luck!

Sableness wrote 23 hours ago:
    I do miss the ease of connections on SP, have given up here and use Comments instead.

Dianedoessmiles1 wrote 17 hours ago:
    LOVE IT Ceri as you know. INDEED we are very resistant!! LOL some of us HAVE to be we are PATS FANS!! LOLOLOL

Btrflydog wrote 17 hours ago:
    Thanks Ceri

DNjoys wrote 12 hours ago:
    We 5%ers are tenacious, persistent, adaptable, creative, positive, and forgiving (we have to be or we either quit or it eats us alive). Working on the attitude bit as it slips from time to time.