Time to lose what I gained!

Options
milbyrmk
milbyrmk Posts: 5 Member
Hi all! Had Gastric Bypass in November 2008. I lost 220 pounds but over the past 2 years I have gained 75 pounds back. I am just beside myself! I was so content where I was! It is time to get healthy again! Hope we can all support each other!

Replies

• happpyhappyjoyjoy
    Options
    You can do this! I am in the process of losing what I had gained back. 11 years ago I had a RNY and lost 114 pounds and put back on 27 pounds. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done to get this weight off! MFP has been perfect for me counting the calories and logging the exercise not to mention the support from other members. I have lost 28 pounds this year- but 23 of them since mid June which is when I started seriously with MFP. I am actually less than I was after the RNY! I still have a couple more pounds to go bc I want a buffer. You can loose the weight! Start now so you don't gain back any more. I know it's hard but you are still way ahead of where you started before the surgery. Hang in there! :smile:
  • ButtandThighs
    Options
    I'd love to know what you ate to be successful. I had RNY 7/11/05. I have put back on about 30lbs and really want to lose it. I have found some exercise that I actually enjoy. It kicks my butt, but I really like it. I'm struggling with knowing what to eat. How many calories to eat, what kinds of food to eat. Would love some suggestions!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know what you ate to be successful. I had RNY 7/11/05. I have put back on about 30lbs and really want to lose it. I have found some exercise that I actually enjoy. It kicks my butt, but I really like it. I'm struggling with knowing what to eat. How many calories to eat, what kinds of food to eat. Would love some suggestions!

I had RNY in 2009 and struggled to lose some weight I gained through having my baby. I started in March of this year and have lost 35 pounds by using the formula MFP formula for calories and normal calories in calories out method while eating back my exercise calories. I think - for myself, after 4 years - I am outside the window of relying on my RNY to assist me with weight loss. I am back in the realm of the "everyday" person and might just be blessed to still have dumping and slight restriction to work with.

Best of luck to you!