1235Β»

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    πŸ€ΆπŸŽ„πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸŽ„πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ€Ά
    πŸ€ΆπŸŽ„πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸŽ„ DECEMBER πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ€Ά

My focus this month is to practice my solid habits, while enjoying modest indulgences. Last month, I managed to drop several lbs to combat the tendency to bounce up over the festive season. Long May that continue. 🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻

Daily Solid Habits:
    πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š
    Modest indulgences
    (calories staying in the green)
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Tested negative several times but still suffering from the residual effects

Energy and appetite are still variable, but I’m concentrating on getting a balance diet, and not going mad on the comfort food,

I have lost 6 lbs, altogether, so there is that.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

• MARUW
    MARUW Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to January. And am new to the group. Looking forward to building healthy habits.
  • MARUW
    MARUW Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @naxxos512 , I can relate to your goals, especially the sleeping in the workout clothes thing...😁
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    πŸ€ΆπŸŽ„πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸŽ„ DECEMBER πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ€Ά

Review:
    My focus for December was to practice my solid habits, while enjoying modest indulgences. In November, I managed to drop several lbs to combat the tendency to bounce up over the festive season.

I tested positive for Covid in mid December, and subsequently dropped a total of 6 lbs. Not the best way to lose the weight, but it did take me down to my pre baby weight of 56 years ago.

Daily Solid Habits:
    πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š
    Modest indulgences
    (calories staying in the green)
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Energy and appetite are still variable, but I’m concentrating on getting a balance diet, and not going mad on the comfort food,

January focus will be to recover from the dreaded lurgy.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,113 Member
    Options
    I am active and committed to my health and well-being. Every day in December, I will do either a strength training session or an aerobic treadmill walk.

Finishing out the month today with this post. My simple focus for December was really helpful to me as the extreme cold weather we experienced was much more manageable with the commitment I made to achieve this. Adding more swimming for January to March in the pursuit of some other life goals but will be keeping at the weight training (and treadmill on non-swimming days).

Wishing everyone a Very Happy New Year!

December 22-31
    22 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    23 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    24 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    25 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    26 ❎
    27 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    28 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    29 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    30 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    31 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ
    Week of December 15-21
    15 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ
    16 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    17 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    18 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    19 ❎ [Bivalent Vaccine]
    20 ❎
    21 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ[
    b]Week of December 8-14[/b]
    8 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ
    9 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    10 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    11 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    12 ❎
    13 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ
    14 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    Week of December 1-7
    1 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ
    2 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    3 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    4 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    5 ❎
    6 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ
    7 πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Happy New Years Eve πŸŽ‰ everyone! As I posted above I took off the rest of the month from chasing after Paper Tiger. We both wanted/ needed a break πŸ˜„β­πŸŽ‰.

πŸ¦‹ I planned to continue to remain as active as possible. And I did do that.

I enjoyed many fun days with friends, family and especially our active grandchildren who kept me on my toes. (my days also included my usual indoors walking errands/shopping, as well as some restful and quiet times)

Wishing everyone a fun and safe New Years Eve. Enjoy the fun times and hopefully some especially tasty food, and a lot of smiles and memories.
    See you all in 2023 πŸŽ‰πŸ˜„πŸ—“οΈ

πŸŒΊπŸ¦‹πŸŒ·
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options

0oy2w19fm820.jpeg

Hi Everyone!

I am posting my December calendar that reflects my 2 small goals for the month: tracking my food daily and using my happy light. As you see, I was far more successful using my happy light than tracking my food daily. One reason for this is my happy light is super easy to use. It’s on my desk in my home office and I use it every morning when I’m taking my virtual tours on my mini elliptical. I it’s right there in plain sight and a great visual cue to remember to use it.

Tracking my food doesn’t have a visual cue to make it easy to remember. And bluntly, sometimes I have internal resistance to tracking. I’ve now been tracking my food on MFP for 11 years. I wish I didn’t have to track, but my experience with maintenance tells me that when I move too far away from keeping a rough tally of my daily food intake, I start to gain weight. And I have vowed to myself to never have to lose 50 pounds again. So I track.

I really love the β€œI am” statements so many of you have adopted. I’m going to do that in 2023. Our actions are a reflection of our identity and reinforcing your identity with a personal statement is a great catalyst for increasing the odds that the actions follow.

See you on the January thread!