Sunday Cup of Joe 12.11.2022

Options
raineray
raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"Nothing will work unless you do." Maya Angelou

Replies

• raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BBB.
    Bill - I hope the food went down well.
    Dennis - how was the cold ride
    Mary - I love the memory of the milk chute
    Steph - I'm with you - when people visit we pick and choose the tourist stuff that we join in
    Lee - curious how AB did yesterday.

Tom is still up north working - hoping he will be back the week before Christmas but lots to do up there. Larry and I have been busy holding down the fort - he is becoming a good work partner.
    Do good out there everyone.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    G'Morning to our FL friends! Raine and #Larry! Great to hear from you all!

Dinner last night was great! Got a few grilled scallops and some risotto to go down without any issue. And a nice healthy pour of Caymus made it a great evening! Here's to hoping!

Off to meet builder rep this afternoon to finalize our selections contract. Meeting with contractor yesterday to build out bar; build some floating shelves; barn door; went really well.

Was planning to go get truck washed and grab coffee before 10a H&N appt - but it seems to be spitting snow - so am just snuggled up on couch w/ Tucker for now.

Have a great day, gang!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Glad the supper went down well, Skip. It has been a long road for you.

Church, this morning and, I hope, football, this afternoon.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Our airbnb host invited all the guests (3 units) to his Christmas party this afternoon. Tacos on the pool deck. We are supposed to bring a dessert so probably need to go to the store...I can't think of anything I can make with what I have on hand. Ill probably also sauté up some veggies in case there is only meat options. Plus I'll need to grab a few beers or something. We did a detox week after all thr Rum we had in Cuba.

Friends headed to the beach today but plan to be home before the party.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,695 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Home from a multi field trial trip through NY and PA. Lucy , after winning her first trial, had the puppy yips. Babe put in solid performances both days, but no ribbon love. The girls sit in their crates on comfy mats when not running. Got tired of dog hair and muddy paws and being harassed for attention with multiple dogs in the cab of the truck a long time ago. I have a friend who has all three of his dogs ride in the cab with him all the time. He has a token crate in the bed. Never seen him use it.
    Great to see your post, Raine.
    Fantastic news about the scallops, risotto, and Caymus. Glad you are feeling better on top of a good meal.
    I'm with you Steph, $80 for lounge chairs and Mai Tai's sounds a bit touristy and unnecessary.
    MILK CHUTE! Must have a pretty big one for you to be able to fit through it, Mary.
    Light snow here this afternoon.

BBB OP ;-)

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Huzzah for solid food, Skip!

The trail of lights was good, but not worth the 2 hours of tail lights that preceded it because Austin stinks at traffic management.

fwm8x4kq8ilx.jpg

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    Great photo of you and Celia, Lou! #Jealous that you are wearing shorts in December!

~Skipper
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • As mind friend Sam would say, I've been churched and schooled. I got to sleep in and extra hour as I was not on the work schedule today.
    • Good to see you here Raine!
    • Yesterdays ride was good. Temps in the 50s all day. My northern friends would snicker, but I had my electric jacket liner and was toasty all day. The food at Yoders was marvelous. I brought a coffee cake home from their bakery.
    • Promising news on the dietary front Skip. Lets hope the progress continues.
    • Babe, Lucy, Larry, Tucker, Sassy and Maddie (did I miss anyone?) are all winners, ribbons or not.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    You can't tell what you will get for weather in Central Texas. I recall putting up Christmas lights in shorts and T-shirt - and sweating while I was doing so. Three weeks later a blue norther came down the plains and the temperature dropped to 15 degrees.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,603 Member
    Options
    Just left Costco, busy busy. But checked a lot off our list .

Lee, I was definitely a fat chubby kid, but it was in early grade school years, so I did fit thru the milk chute back then. Now, definitely not.

Have fun at the party Steph

Spent my $100 gift at the steak house last night plus another $75. It was good, but $175 for 2 of us hmmm. We did each have 2 old fashions.

37F here and the snowman the neighborhood boys made for me in my front yard is melting. I was hoping to dress him and put a face on Him! No go.

Have a good day!

Be well Skip!

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    Forgot to congratulate the Soldiers in the group. That was quite an Army - Navy game yesterday. Army ends up winning after two OTs.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon

Mary, yep high end steakhouse will be $200 for two

Glad you’re feeling better bill.