Thursday Cup o Joe. 12-29

Options
steplinn398
steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy)

Replies

• steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Not sure if anyone will find this but…

Raining again this morning but the forecast is looking up. Our friends are heading home this afternoon. He is only allowed to work for one month out of the country and absolutely has to be home by when he logs in next Tuesday (PTO this week). With all the airline issues lately they decided to play it safe and head back today rather than the preferred Sunday flight. They already have been asked by the airline to bump to Saturday but no compensation offered.

I have multiple friends who had Christmas break vacations cancelled, I’ll be super sad if my family can’t visit next week. Mary hope DS made it home without too much more ordeal.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

I found the back door! Through notifications. I thought maybe the MFP gods shut us non payers down, and maybe they have and haven't figured out that we have a back door.
    Sure hope family can make it down, Steph.
    Today is DW's last day at the practice. Bittersweet.

BBB OP ;-)
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I've always used the website on my phone and so far it hasn't let me down on finding you guys.

Your friends are wise to skip out early, Steph. A butterfly flaps its wings in Kenya and a string of events is unleashed resulting in an airline pilot with explosive diarrhea or something like that. That and taking a bump is a sure way to middle seatdom.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

I too have been finding my way in through the backdoor. My phone is locked out of groups, too.

We once had our flight from Seattle to Las Vegas canceled at the last minute because of a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico. Airline schedules are like a game of Jenga: the wrong piece gets pulled out and the whole structure collapses.

Still getting by with our small backup coffee maker. I have to make multiple pots to meet our morning requirements - one 4-cup pot just fills my travel mug. Maybe I'll get a new one, today. We get 20 percent off purchases at Bed Bath and Beyond, but their inventory is low after Christmas sales.

Meeting DS for lunch, today. That's always fun.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
    Options
    Phone app is frustrating...... hope whatever issue is plaguing MFP - they are able to resolve.

After 3 months and $$$ later to rebuild the suspension on Vette, took out yesterday for a ride to brewery. Woke up this morning to red fluid all over epoxy floor in garage. Dropped back off at shoppe. Hoping its something simple (brake fluid perhaps). Ugh.....#MoneyPit

Off for haircut to prep for NYE dinner.

Sending Dr. Dinwiddie the best on last day at practice!

Nothing new here. 60's forecasted for Saturday!
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    . Desktop link didn't work, phone app didn't work, was able to get in with a saved link on the phone browser.
    . Is this a technical glitch or are we unwanted?
    . The joy of old toys Skip.
    . Give Doc Mary my congrats. I am sure it is bitter-sweet. I saw the corporate structure of heart+paw. Yep, it might be time to go.
    . I get to explain to my neighbors this afternoon why our HOA dues are going up 14%.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    No problem logging in today, maybe they have corrected their issues
  • manladdvm
    Options
    Actually Dr Nelson, she uses her maiden name professionally.
    Whoa, Dennis, please explain what you mean about the coporate structure of heart&paw. I gots another 3 years there at least.
    Found a back way to get in via mobile as well as laptop.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Lee, what I was referring to was the difference between a Veterinary office run by the practicing Doctor(s) and one that has the following:
    • Chief Veterinary Officer
    • CEO
    • Chief Growth Officer
    • CFO
    • Chief Marketing Officer
    • VP of Operations
    • Senior Director of Implementation
    • Director of Technology
    • Director of Talent Acquistion
    • Director of Human Resources
    • Director of Implementation
    No disrespect meant but this is big business. Only one critter fixer in the bunch. I would imagine this is a big change for you and your DW.
  • manladdvm
    Options
    Oh yes, I am well aware of the above. Actually, there are about 3 veterinarians involved in supervisorial roles as well as a couple of former technicians, so there is some sanity but they all want you to drink the kool-aid.
    DW took the money and ran leaving me holding the bag. Reminds me of snipe hunts from my youth.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
    Options
    is the Kool-Aid spiked? (asking for a friend)........