Nutrient settings for Mediterranean?

sksnell
sksnell Posts: 1 Member
Hi all, I tried keto for a couple of days but all the fat makes me feel sick. I’ve actually been interested in the Mediterranean for quite a while and would like to make the leap

What nutrients/amounts do you track in MFP?

Answers

• herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 397 Member
    edited January 2023
    I do close to 33/33/33 as possible, I’m still a bit more low carb than Mediterranean allows for which is good in my opinion that I have something to build up to for when I hit maintenance. I try to keep it balanced, keep my carbs under 100g and keep my protein up and just fill in the rest with healthy fats, I think the proper Mediterranean stats would be closer to 50/20/30, but I honestly don’t remember.. lol
    I do know you gotta find what works for you, good to try different eating styles until you find the one, I also did keto for a bit, I had a hard time functioning on such little carbs, seems I never could get acclimated.. I was recommended to eat Mediterranean diet by my endocrinologist and my naturopath 👍 it’s been wonderful for me so far, I genuinely enjoy this diet and can see myself eating this way for life 👍
    good luck to you, reach out if you need anything..