General Chat

Options
momwow17
momwow17 Posts: 1,653 Member
This thread is for general chatting and friendly conversation. Let's get to know each other!

Replies

• momwow17
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I sent friend requests to all of our members. thank you to everyone who has accepted my invite already. I love being able to see everyone's news feed and share your accomplishments. I also like it when people share their diaries. I get inspired seeing what everyone eats during the day. Is that weird? :smiley:
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,509 Member
    Options
    r537qaq94c0x.jpg
  • momwow17
    Options
    r537qaq94c0x.jpg

AMEN, Sister!
  • momwow17
    Options
    Hey everyone, wish me luck! I have a job interview in the morning for a GREAT job. I could use some good vibes sent my way!
  • momwow17
    Options
    momwow17 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, wish me luck! I have a job interview in the morning for a GREAT job. I could use some good vibes sent my way!

Just wanted to give an update. My job interview went well and they've invited me to a second & third interview next week! I'm getting my nails done this weekend to celebrate! Wish me luck. I would love to get this job!!
  • momwow17
    Options
    How's everyone doing on their New Years Goals! I hope you've seen some results this first week. If not, though, keep at it, you'll see results very soon! hope you all are getting ready for an awesome weekend!
  • LeighAnn7777
    LeighAnn7777 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m LeighAnn. Duh right!! Lol! Sorry I’m a bit of a dork. Anyway I have 2 sweet kitty fur babies. I also am new to MyFitnessPal. I’m still trying to figure out how things work and how to go in to add friends etc. well request friends I mean. I fell off the wagon bad tho. I got Covid a year and half ago and it really did a number on me. Because I used to be really intense about my exercise regimen. Now it’s a blessing to get out and get moving. I stage 4 kidney disease, type 2 diabetes and a few other things going on health wise. So I really need to buckle down. Anyway. Enough rambling right. I think you guys are amazing! ❤️
  • LeighAnn7777
    LeighAnn7777 Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    And I don’t know if I did this right or not.. sorry 🤷🏻‍♀️as far as posting.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    @LeighAnn7777 - you mention that you have state 4 kidney disease - can you share a bit more about that. I had kidney failure back end of August / beginning of September spending 10 days in the hospital. My number went from 60 (health kidneys) down to 5 but have the number back up 15. They are monitoring me monthly at the kidney clinic and have to be very strict with amount of water and food. They are now telling me that I need to be prepped for diaylsis - takes a bit to get it all set up for the body as there is an implant (stent) that they need to implant in the arm. Would be interested in talking to you as to how you are managing this disease - they haven't told me 'stage' yet so don't know if what I am going through is different from what you have. Plus I am a diabetic - when in the hospital they took me off all the meds I was on (diabetic meds, water pills, acid pills) as they all damaged the kidneys. I am now managing my diabetes with proper eating - doc says my diabetic numbers are now better then when I was taken meds for it so it makes me wonder why so many meds are prescribed that can do so much damage to the body

Look forward to hearing from you.
  • momwow17
    Options
    Hi LeighAnn7777! Welcome to the group and I think you're amazing! It sounds like you have some real health challenges, but here you are taking charge and doing what you can to heal yourself. I'm glad that @Marilynsretired responded to you, because it sounds like you have a lot in common. I hope this group can be a source of encouragement to you. I'm so glad you joined the group and I look forward to hearing more about your journey and supporting you in any way I can!

Shannon (momwow17)
  • momwow17
    Options
    I would love to hear how everyone else's year is going so far. Please feel free to post about what's going on in your life in one of the discussion threads. It doesn't have to be about weight loss. Thanks :)
  • momwow17
    Options
    I'm feeling a little stressed. I have 6 separate interviews for 2 different jobs over the next 2 days and a possible interview coming up for a third job. On the one hand its wonderful having so many opportunities, but on the other hand, its stressful, because I don't have the time to really focus on one at a time. I'm sure I'll get through it. I can't wait for the weekend! Wish me luck!! On top of that, I invited a friend over for dinner tomorrow and I need to clean up the house some, go shopping and cook! YIKES... why do I do this to myself? At least being busy will probably keep me from thinking about food! Hope everyone else is having a great week!
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    @momwow17 Good luck with your interviews! I’m sure you’ll do great. Your dinner plans sound like fun, and a great way to distract yourself while waiting to hear back.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    erigpk7pcec8.jpg
  • momwow17
    Options
    @momwow17 Good luck with your interviews! I’m sure you’ll do great. Your dinner plans sound like fun, and a great way to distract yourself while waiting to hear back.

Thanks, Diana! The interviews went very well... now I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear back. This afternoon is all about cooking. We're having Chicken Tikka Masala, which isn't super healthy, but I'll adjust elsewhere to fit it in. Hope you're doing well!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    xw8v0udq2vqi.jpg
  • momwow17
    Options
    xw8v0udq2vqi.jpg

@Marilynsretired I needed this today! I've been slacking off since Tuesday and the scale is showing it, with a zero lb loss :( Time to forgive myself for my imperfections, choose differently today and get back on it.
  • momwow17
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I'm sorry for being MIA this week. With my interviews, company on Wednesday, work and practicing music, I've been kind of wiped out, but I need to get back on here, because my weight loss plan is seriously suffering.

I wanted to give you all an update on my interviews. I had 6 hours of interviews for positions with 2 different companies on Tuesday & Wednesday. My experience is in Human Resources, so both positions were for HR jobs. The first company was a group that owns 3 Korean food restaurants locally and I didn't get that job. The first question they asked was if I knew anything about Korean food. Unfortunately, I couldn't say I did, as I've never eaten in a Korean restaurant before, but I love Asian food. I also think they made an assumption that I didn't appreciate different cultures, despite having traveled extensively, living in a foreign country and speaking 4 languages. Oh well... they offered the job to a candidate they said had more restaurant experience than I do. Its OK, because I wasn't that thrilled about the prospect of working there and the other job opportunities I'm in the process of interviewing with are much more interesting to me.

The second interview was with a hotel company. I have experience in the hotel industry, so I think this role is a really great fit. I had back-to-back virtual interviews with the 6 members of the executive team and I thought it went really well. Friday, I got word from the recruiter that they want to bring me in for a face-to-face interview on Tuesday! This will be the final interview, so fingers crossed. I would really love to get this job!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    dnfcd46ps4ae.jpg
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    @Marilynsretired Funny Cartoon!! Also, reminds me that I really need to drink more water! Although, I think I’ll opt for drinking out of my water bottle or cup! 😃