Anyone still active? ❤️

Options
I’m in my 5th year of ED recovery. I’m doing well except I’ve started binge eating 🥺 formerly diagnosed as Anorexia, binge/purge subtype, I fear I may have a binge eating disorder now 😭😭😭
I have a therapist, psychiatrist, GI doc, endocrinologist, etc…but I refuse to go back on a meal plan 😝 so I don’t want to see a dietitian 🙃 it’s too traumatizing.
My first year of recovery (2018-2019) was super hard. I gained a lot of weight, rapidly due to binge eating but I wanted to “do this on my own” (I’m a little stubborn 😝).
My symptoms have improved a bit; my psychiatrist put me on Topomax to help with binge eating and it worked! But my symptoms sorta “come and go” when I’m under stress, etc. right now is one of those times 🥺 my therapist recommended a food diary so I created a new account (my old one was triggering and not recovery focused). I’d love to have more friends or just anyone to talk to if you’re out there ❤️

Replies

• emdarling07
    emdarling07 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am so glad your symptoms have improved! I have to remind myself daily that "you're here, you're doing the work, and that's enough!". Healing isn't linear and it sounds like you are putting everything into your recovery. Really proud of you <3 Happy to be a buddy!