Tips & Tricks

Options
momwow17
momwow17 Posts: 1,653 Member
Use this thread to share those things that are working for you to help you achieve your weight loss & fitness goals.

Replies

• momwow17
    Options
    Something that has been helping me recently is pre-planning my meals, especially at work, where the food and high-calorie side items are so tempting. So I go ahead and add what I'm going to eat to my MFP diary, for instance, I'll add a naked smoked turkey sandwich with side salad and light italian dressing for my shift meal lunch. Since I decided in advance, this usually helps me stick to the plan and I don't have to mull over the other options.
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I find if I pre-log my day, I won’t accidentally miscalculate and run out of calories too soon. Also, I will make better choices when it’s not on the fly.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,439 Member
    Options
    I keep a food journal - for instance last night I looked what foods I had on hand and then wrote down what I would eat today - and committed to only what I wrote down. Helps to keep food thoughts out of the mind to eat off plan
  • momwow17
    Options
    I keep a food journal - for instance last night I looked what foods I had on hand and then wrote down what I would eat today - and committed to only what I wrote down. Helps to keep food thoughts out of the mind to eat off plan

I love this idea! I had a friend who was counting calories and she had a "food bag" that she carried around. She was good at prepping and only ate out of the bag. I like that concept, but I'm terrible at prepping so I haven't tried it. The planning, though, really does help.