HOW YOU DOIN'? (Daily Check-Ins, Anyone?)

Options
Pizazz16
Pizazz16 Posts: 295 Member
Hi! I kinda like the idea of checking in with folks each day, and thought I'd start this thread. I hope there are others out there who feel the same and will leave daily comments.

I was sore today during my workout, and very hungry all day, but now it's behind me . . . and I was successful. Yay, me! Today was definitely a challenge. My energy was low and I dreaded walking so I put it off until late this evening. I did get my 4 miles in before it got dark around here, however. I was under my calorie goal and made good food choices for the most part. Good news? I'm not hungry anymore. :laugh:

May I share a quote that helped describe my day to a Tee? "I can . . . and I WILL!" :bigsmile:

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Love this idea!

My day yesterday was good. Got a lot of activity in, drank a lot of water, and stayed within my calorie target. My goal for today is to keep myself busy.
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My workout yesterday wasn't great . . . I waited too long after I got up to go work out, and with no food other than a granola bar in my stomach, I just didn't have the energy.

Today, I got up and did my first day of 30 Day Shred (and lemme say, it kicked my butt even though I thought I was in okay shape!) before eating a light breakfast and recovering. In a few minutes, I'm going to head over to the gym for some more cardio: fifteen minutes on the elliptical and an easy run, I think.

Getting September off to a good start, I think! :-)
  • Pizazz16
    Options
    Hello! Well, my day was filled with unexpected events which caused me to make the choice not to exercise. I feel so guilty! However, I know it was the right choice for today, but I'm ready to get back on track tomorrow. Thanks for joining in with this daily check-in thread, ladies. Best wishes for success! :happy:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Today's workout is a 3 mile run & some light strength training at home (my gym is closed for remodeling), but I'm having a very hard time motivating myself to get up off the couch. On my days off I try to head out for my run as soon as I get up (like I do the days I run before work) but I dropped the ball this morning. Now I'm hungry so going to have to do breakfast first then wait long enough to digest.
  • lishaalexis
    lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    well I went back to work today after a long weekend ( my body did need two days off), tonight I do plan on going to cycle class...I hope that I don't die. My legs still feel a little tired, but that is when the work out is the best. I also have to do my 30 day arm challenge...ugh...so tired this morning! I need coffee!
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The long weekend was a bit hectic. I did manage a good work out on friday, but after that...meh...My husband has been gone all weekend driving his parents to florida and the kids were super cranky from the weather. I definately ate way way too much food, the weather also made me cranky and we had a cookout. I did spend all of yesterday cleaning the house thought, so never really stopped moving until kids bedtime. I plan to work out tonight, but then i have to pick my husband up from the airport at 12:30am...yay.... I better get my workout in tonight because i'm sure tomorrow i'm just going to want to sleep.
  • Pizazz16
    Options
    :smile: Hi, all . . . and Good-bye, all. :cry:

It seems I've put myself in a bind by joining too many groups. I'm having a tough time getting all of the daily challenges done and daily check-ins. I'm a bit OCD and it's stressing me out waaay too much. It's been a hard decision for me because I like to finish what I start. Reality Check: I can't do it all. Ouch! That hurts.

I wish all of you much success on your journeys, and perhaps we'll meet up again in another group challenge. Thanks for having me while I lasted. Only my best to you all! :flowerforyou:
  • bettbett87
    bettbett87 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been having a really good few days and haven been well within my calorie allowance (if you don't count alcohol!)
    I stops some meds a couple of weeks ago that gave me a massive appetite- since finishing those I'm barely hungry at all! I'm actually struggling to eat enough!! This is something that has NEVER happened to me. I'm actually concerned that it will slow down my weight loss.

Anyway, my NSV for yesterday was fitting into a pair of jeans that haven't got past my thighs since I fell pregnant- my son is now 10months old! Yeah, ok, they were snug, but so what! They did up :-)
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty good today. 2 great days of logging and walking after too much food over the 3 day weekend.

Very excited that my nephew is on the way right now!
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    dragging this whole week....Between picking my husband up from the airport at 1am wednesday morning resulting in only 2 hours of sleep. Then wednesday night I had to bring my 2 year old to the ER for stitches on her chin because she was running and fell near daddy's computer chair. We can't even figure out what she hit to cause that kind of cut. She was fine, barely cried when they did the stitches, happy to get a popcicle and now is in love with her hello kitty band-aids. But...only 4-5 broken hours of sleep that night. Then last night, sorta got some sleep but got headbutted in the face a lot by my little minion. So more broken sleep....zzzzzzzzzzz....I should make it my mission to get her to sleep in the crib so I can get more sleep but i'm so tired and i know she will fight it for hours that I just can't deal with it....I am so slothy right now, I don't even want to be at work let alone exercise.
    I've been tracking my food intake as well and its not good mostly because I've had to buy out lunch this week and I've been making some really crappy lunch choices. grrr.....I thought I did ok yesterday but then I caved and got that congo bar, and had a ton of rice at dinner later....and this morning just adding some toast with butter to my breakfast because I thought it would settle my stomach a little better added almost 200 calories to my breakfast. Didn't even think about it til after I logged it this morning....
  • jema_b98
    jema_b98 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I went to the dr.'s yesterday and was very apprehensive about how I was doing, since I don't have a scale. I have lost 11 lbs. in 4 weeks since joining MFP, and my blood pressure was down from 147/90 to 118/90. WOOOHOOO! The doctor was happy, as was I, but she reminded me that this is only the beginning of the journey to better health and that I have alot more road to go. Way to burst the happy bubble, Doc! At least it has renewed my motivation to keep going. Thanks to all my MFP supporters that gave me inspiration, encouragement and support.
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I went way over my calories both days this weekend, so since then it's been about getting back to good habits. So far it's been going well! I've had some good workouts this week and yesterday I was well under my calories. Hoping it all evens out and I haven't gained any!