Downsizers Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,133 Member
edited February 2023 in Social Groups
3y9w30sddpos.png
Here is your Team chat room for February 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @fatfifties
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The February challenge runs from January 29 - Feb 25. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Let’s get to know each other!

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

5. What is your favourite way to workout?

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Housekeeping

Weigh In
    I will post a weigh in reminder every day. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier to find. Let me know if you need to change your weigh in day or have to miss a week.

Username
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Daily Check In
    You can do this in any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. Let her know if you want to join

Weekly Group Challenge
    Each week there is a group challenge that runs from Sunday to Saturday. Jessica, one of the moderators, will post a link each week. Take time to check them out.

Introductions
    Take time to introduce yourself. It’s fun to get to know each other. Let us know what you want to be called, where you are from and why you are on this journey. If you have been on this journey for awhile tell us about your successes.

We are looking a motivator. If interested let us know and we can give you more information.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.

I'm from Windsor Ontario Canada. I love running, hanging with my gf and Boston Terrier, sports, music. Started my journey Feb.24 2022 at 388.6 pounds. I'm now 241.4

I was getting winded showering. I was turning 40 and needed to make a change

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? I smoke a lot of weed lol. I've learned to ignore them.

Just calories in, calories out

I run 35 minutes a day. 3 days on. 1 day off with 30 minutes of strength training after

I hope to hit my final goal this month!

Just enjoy seeing everyone's progress

If you want it badly enough, you can do it
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    My name is Linda and I am one of the team captains. I am 58, married with 3 adult children. I have 4 beautiful granddaughters. I am originally from Newfoundland but I have lived in London, Ontario for the last 23 years. I love to read and play cards.

I started my weight loss in February 2019. I started to get my diabetes under control and improve my health.

Lack of sleep and stress are my biggest triggers. I try to keep my bedtime routine the same which helps with my sleep. As for a food trigger, anything salty especially chips.

I count calories. I am starting a mindfulness workshop this month for pain management. Hopefully, I can apply what I learn to eating.

Swimming and pool workouts. Trying to get my motivation for exercise back.

Log food daily
    Reach my step goal
    Get back to exercising

Motivation

We are here to help. February is my anniversary of my start with F2F. Any previous time I lost weight I would gain it all back plus some. This group has helped me overcome setbacks with my weight loss and I have managed to keep 50 pounds off. So my words of wisdom are don’t give up. Take time to stop by the group daily. Share your goals, wins and struggles. We are all here for the same reason and can help each other be accountable. Please weigh in even if it’s a gain. We are here for the good, the bad and the ugly.

• FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Let’s get to know each other!

- Hi! My name is Samantha, I live in Ontario, Canada and am a single mother to 2 children (12 and 8). I enjoy reading, dancing and hanging out with my kids.

- I've been on this journey for a while. I joined MFP in 2012 and was pretty successful (although I didn't see it then). I fell off the wagon and gained, then lost and repeat. I joined this challenge a while ago but got myself in such a funk, I couldn't even gather the energy to take care of myself, then the pandemic happened and I gained 30-40 lbs (maybe more). I lost some of it, then gained it back. I find challenges like this help me stay on track.

- I find I'm triggered by staying up late or if I have alcohol after a certain time. I've gotten back to IF, and it helps stop the late-night grazing.

- I'm mainly taking a balanced approach. I just try to stay under 200g of carbs a day and limit fast food to once or twice a month.

- I love walking outside when the weather is nice, and I LOVE dance workouts and YouTube workouts. I also enjoy yoga.

- My main goals for the year are to lose 1 lb a week consistently, drink enough water and improve my mobility and endurance. Another goal I have is to hit my Garmin step goal every day.

My goal for February is to go to the gym at least 2x a week and start the EPIC program.

- I find it motivating to see everyone checking in with each other and posting encouragement. It helps keep you accountable when you have to show your work.

- Don't give up. As long as you are alive you can always work toward your goals.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 776 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Also, I'd like to join the step challenge @Megan_smartiepants1970

My daily step goal is 7,000 steps.

Will get you added as soon as I can :)

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,806 Member
    Options
    Please welcome @KetoGirlreadytokickass4106 to our group :)
  • rachjolly
    rachjolly Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Hi there 👋 my name is Rachael and I’m from London England. I have 6 kids (5 girls 1 boy) aged between 12 and 4. I also own a restaurant and am married to a chef so am surrounded by food constantly 🤪 Hobbies are playing video games, reading, walking, cooking and I recently took up knitting.

3. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

I have been on this app since 2010. I’m a classic yo-yo dieter. I managed to lose 50lbs in 2019 then Covid hit and I put it all back on 😭

4. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

Late night snacking and drinking. Whenever I drink alcohol it automatically leads to eating crisps and carbs. Better to just avoid the empty calories and stay on track 💪

6. What is your favourite way to workout?

I love walking and hiking. It’s difficult to find time to find the time to do it with all the kids and being self employed. Hopefully this year I should have some more time as my youngest twins are starting school this year.

7. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

My plan is to lose 1-2lbs a week. I’m mainly doing calorie tracking but am trying a few other diets as well. Last week I did keto this week I’m doing 5:2 🤷‍♀️

8. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

Accountability, focus and realistic outcomes.

9. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.

Being healthy takes practice. You don’t need to be a perfect human being all the time. If you have a slip, just try again tomorrow ✌️❤️

• justlog2day
    justlog2day Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My name is Dave and I’m from Western, NY. Been here all my life. Hobbies include: traveling with my wife and daughter, ancestry research and have been a musician since I was 10.

In a few years I’ll be into my 60’s and want to ensure I can be in the best shape possible. I actually with MFP back in 2014 when I was VERY overweight. I was successful at losing it all – and then some.. I got way too low and it felt awful. Now I’m trying to drop 8-10 more to a new maintenance.

Carbs.. + beer… Avoiding means not having it in the house.

No special diet. Calories in /out has worked for me.

Our weather here is fickle. Winter months I spend almost all of my workout time on my Concept2 Rowing Machine. Once the snow/ice go away, I try to get outside and ride on trails as long as it’s not raining. When I can get in the mood – I also lift weights and go on runs. I really should be doing more of that!

This year I am going to hit personal rowing goals / milestones that exceed those I have been holding onto for years. Hope to do this by the end of March.

This Spring / Summer / Fall, I want to be able to run 5-6 miles as I wish. I’m out of shape in this department but believe I can get it back.

Motivation and getting to know others.

We’re never out of it as long as we don’t give up on ourselves.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    The Ontario people are taking over lol
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    JaysFan82 wrote: »

I think there is 5 on the team from Ontario.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    The February Week 1 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Jan 29th. Please join us for the repeat week of the Ultimate Points Challenge. We had quite a few calls to do it for a second week, so hope you can participate. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10882924/february-week-1-group-challenge-ultimate-points-challenge#latest

See you tomorrow!
    Jessica :blush:
  • pauladner
    pauladner Posts: 59 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Paula. I was born in Mississauga, Ontario, but I was raised in São Paulo, Brazil. About 20 years ago I returned to Canada, and moved to B.C. Coast. Two years ago I moved to the Cariboo area, and it has been a huge transition to adapt to this new life style.
    I am married, have a 10 years old son, a dog, 2 cats, 4 horses, and no chickens yet.
    I enjoy gardening, cooking, hunting and fishing, and I started painting watercolour.

Since I moved here, I became too sedentary. For one year I didn’t have energy or motivation to lose weight, and now that I am 51 years old, everything seems to go downhill very fast. I decided that enough is enough, and now I’m taking care of myself.

Depression and bordem . When this happens I turn to snacking on junk food.
    Need to learn to avoid this.

Low carb diet and intermittent fasting.

Treadmill

Find more interesting things to do like kayaking and outdoor activities.

Looking for support and meet new friends.

Life is only as good as you make it.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 164
    CW: 165🙃
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,806 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    u2wgyda2d39u.png

Here is my Sunday friendly reminder of the people's steps I need for January Week 4 ....Please have your steps in no later than Tuesday Evening 1/31/23 ...Thank you for your cooperation :)

@rwood566 1/22 - 1/28
    @Morethanjustanumber 1/22 - 1/28
    @Jpedno 1/22 - 1/28
    @Bluetail6 1/22 - 1/28
    @rwillems 1/22 - 1/28
    @lennieKat 1/24 - 1/28
    @MSWarrior7088 1/23 - 1/28
    @LMK02020 1/22 - 1/28

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,133 Member
    Options
    JaysFan82 wrote: »

I think there is 5 on the team from Ontario.

I have Alberta covered on WaistAways! And 2 from Québec.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 12,488 (includes swim)
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Log food: ✔️✔️❌✔️✔️✔️❌
    Exercise: ✔️✔️

Last week was a great week for weight loss and sleep. Need to improve logging and exercise. I need to keep @justlog2day username in the back of my mind to remind me to keep logging. I was taking care of my 10 year old granddaughter yesterday so I dragged her to the pool. It ended up being a great workout and my arms are sore today.

I am enjoying reading all the introductions. It’s nice to learn a little about you all. To all the new people or anyone else on the team feel free to add me as a friend.

Have a great Sunday!
This discussion has been closed.