Sunday cup of joe 1/29/2023

Options
kgmoody
kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy

Replies

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good morning

This getting up at 5 am stinks!!!!

The kids might have found a venue. Tentative date April 13, 2024. We had to present a guest list. This will be the most friction. The rules are: be nice and invite that cousin anyway. He probably won’t come but at least he was invited. They’re keeping the numbers low to keep the expenses down. The meeting between father and son went very well. He is chilling out some.

I think getting a bottle of booze as the PM would be awesome!

That split pea soup looked good mary. Ds1 is on terre haute right now I hope he gets back to Wisconsin safely.

Dennis. Glad you’re feeling better.

Steph. I like the hoppy fruity beers too.

Make it a mark Sunday. I’m going back to bed when I get home.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

I normally get up at 5 AM. When the sun is coming up it is not bad, but in the winter when it is 2 hours before sunup, it does kinda suck.
    Kelly, I am convinced that big event weddings are a waste of money and peoples' sanity. I advocate small private ceremonies, then have a BBQ with an electric bull at a local farm that doesn't break the bank. Lou, back me up here, you're a Texan now.
    Heading to New York today for some dog training and then a meeting with a Cocker Spaniel Club (includes Springer Spaniel people too). 20 pigeons in the truck for training.
    Dennis, mea culpa. That was what I meant to post but somehow my brain and fingers on the keyboard get crossed up. So glad y'all are feeling better. I have heard that doctors are starting to doubt the sensitivity of the home COVID tests.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~

4.13 is a great day 🎉🎊🎎🎊

Have a great day with the poppers, Doc!

Quiet morning hanging with Tucker (and my new shirt)!

Football later this afternoon with friends (and Tucker too).

Skipper
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

I love spring weddings. So many great flower choices. ( I’m looking at you tulips)

woke to sunshine today. Plan is to trek to the supermarket. It’s about 6 miles round trip. We need a few kitchen things( paring knife, dish drainer) and coffee/ filters. We found a fruit and veggie stand just around the corner so we won’t have to carry produce back and a tiny grocery less than a mile away with other basics.

• mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Sounds like the engagement is moving Along!

4inches or so of the white stuff here. Looks so pretty....

We are heading over to see Baby Lauren later. Yay!

My Pea soup turned out great!

Nice find around the corner Steph!

Have a productive training Lee

Enjoy your Tucker time Skip.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.
    • I was supposed to be running tv cameras at church this morning. I found a pinch hitter.
    • I was supposed to get up and watch said live-stream. I slept through it. I am going to give myself a pass.
    • Engaged for 15 months. Some people are visionaries. Some people would be on wife #2 by then.
    • I had a Water Spaniel as a kid. I'm just sayin'.
    • Two championship football games this afternoon will make it easier to hibernate.
    • Shopping in Mexico IS different.
    • Hi to Baby Lauren.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Good morning.

I agree with Lee. The couple should elope and wait 6 months before anyone is told they did it. Then you have a party with BBQ and and electric bull. That was our formula, just without the bull because they're not readily available in Chicago.

Shoe shopping trip yesterday was a bust. I have a feeling that we'll be trying again today, but there's football on. 😢
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Weddings are so personal. Big or small, the key is to not go into debt. Have a thousand guests and rent a stadium, if you can afford it. As in all things, I believe in staying within your means and paying cash.

Lee, DW has flushed Sassy's ear with vinegar/water a couple times, and carefully cleaned outer ear, and the bad aroma is gone. Thanks for the tip.

Church this morning, football this afternoon.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Churched and Schooled
    Pastor announced his retirement this morning for end of June; though some of us already knew he had submitted his paperwork.
    Drizzling this afternoon, expecting about 1" of rain today, rain most of week
    Went out for supper yesterday, scale was up this morning but still wore 36 slacks today. May need to donate 40's so I can't go back.
    Glad you are feeling better Dennis, heard so say it took them several weeks to get over COVID
    6 miles to grocery does not seem bad till one has to trek it on foot