Monday cup of joe 1/30/2023

Options
kgmoody
kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy

Replies

• kgmoody
    Options
    Good morning. 5 am still stinks. Tomorrow is the last day.

How is the baby Mary?

Steph, do you not have a car? That’s a lot of walking. I think of the movie Home Alone where you’ll be walking with your groceries and the bags break. I’m sure you’re taking your own bags.

Dennis, you must’ve needed the sleep.

Sounds like we all agree about the wedding. Yes skip, I thought I think it’s someone’s birthday that day! Ha. And what new shirt? Did I miss that?

Lou shoe shopping. You’re the man!! I like that gary will do that stuff with me too!!

Anyone hear from Raine any or Lisa?

Hello to everyone.
  • kgmoody
    Options
    Hey Sam, do you have a new pastor ready to take over? We just got a new one severs months ago.

Dave, I’m glad I now know about the vinegar ear wash.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    G"Morning~

Long week ahead to include a funeral for an old Norwich University grad, USMA Professor, and Military Here.

Some game last night! REALLY enjoyed the matchup with Mahomes and Burrow. Refs were WAY too involved though.

My new tee: y6muho24359c.jpg

Nothing from Lisa/Raine. Hope all are well and just really busy!

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Cloudy day after rainy morning, more rain tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday
    Yoga this morning, lodge at 6
    DW suturing around trying to make sure everything looks just so; I figure if they are coming to see how we keep house they need to stay home.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

Love the T-shirt Skip. This is how my 4-legged friend spends her evenings.

84baw10xd8hw.jpg

I am getting packed and out for my first hike since early October. It's 20 degrees outside this morning, so I am dressed warm.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Oh sassy. So cute.

We do not have a car. Likely will not rent one at all in Mexico. We can walk far so that isn’t a problem and taxis are relatively cheap when needed. Centro is about a 4 mile walk. We will do that soon then probably taxi home. There are buses too if I can figure them out. Super cheap. 8 peso which is less than $.50. Taxi to here with our luggage and a supermarket stop was about $15.

We got approved to do a long housesit in Ajijic Mexico for late March-mid May so we quickly changed our San Miguel de Allende Airbnb to arrive sooner so we could be there a month. We will leave Playa sooner. Probably won’t get a refund here but we wouldn’t have in SMA either and we decided we would rather be there. Hadn’t booked flight yet so it was easy.

Now we will need to find a new country to go to as we will need to leave Mexico after sit.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Feeling fine, testing positive. I need to find out how long I need to quarantine.
    • I like Tucker's style and Sassy knows how to relax.
    • I had no idea where Ajijic was, so I looked it up. I'm jealous. It looks like a beautiful place on the lake.
    • I guess I should be sorting my sock drawer or something?!?
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB!

Nice tee shirt Skip!

Baby Lauren is fine. She was sleeping the entire visit, as new borns do. We got to hold her though. She never woke up lol. She is a cutie! I gave Oakley the English Retriever big brother, lots of xtra love. He's been a good boy with all these changes around him. I hear baby likes her waking hours to be between 1am and 4am.

I'm sure your guests today Sam arnt paying much attention to how clean the house is. Its always nice to have a motivational xtra reason to get it sparkling though.

Dave, I've just gotten into the PBS All creatures great and small. I see you were watching it too last night with your big "lap" dog.

Lee DVM, you might get a chuckle
    from this TV show. I like period stuff anyway.

Dennis, I actually recenting cleaned out the sock drawer. Now, the kitchen plastic containers and lids drawer is another story. I'm about ready to toss it all out, and start over lol.

Snow is all cleaned up, now the cold sets in. Sun is bright today, so that's a nice change. Its been so cloudy lately.

I too looked up Ajiijc and its notes its a very walkable town with beautiful street art, charming cobblestone streets, plenty of cafes, shops and fantastic climate! Seems to be a big expat destination- population.. Sounds great for you guys, Steph!

Have a good day BBB!