Tuesday cup of joe 1/31/2023

Options
kgmoody
kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy

Replies

• kgmoody
    Options
    Today is my last day starting us off. Last day of dog sitting.

Cold wintry mix last night so it took me even longer for the long trek out here to bfe

I’m wishing for Steph’s weather!!

Ds1 has big interview tomorrow so please keep him in your prayers.

Wedding planning continues tomorrow night at our house with dinner and the new in-laws.

Busy day and then dinner out with my bf.

Make it a terrific day!!
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~

Taxes filed;
    Scored another load of free moving boxes/paper and TEN moving blankets from someone who just moved to new community. Reckon I've saved about $500 in boxes already! Sweeeeeet!

Great room couch gets picked up Friday and stager bringers in her stuff for staging appointment next Monday. I'll be glad when this is over.

Tucker is laying on my feet under desk. LOVED the photo of Sassy in your lap, SGM!

Tuck was wound up last night at Happy Hour! He and the 10 y/o Choco Lab (Kona) played hard!

Good luck with the planning and the new in-laws. Remember to be in the moment. Have fun. Enjoy. Bite the tongue when necessary. Drink when REALLY necessary!

Steph/Ron - congrats on extended stay and upcoming gig! We could really use you at end of February! DW is freaked about leaving Tucker with some friends while we go to FLA for a wedding for five days.

~Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Glad everyone seems to be getting along on both sides, Kelly. So important.
    All Creatures Great and Small series on PBS has been around a while, Mary. I have seen almost every episode, but would watch them all again. James Herriot's (Alfred Wight) books were what cemented my desire to go into veterinary medicine and have been extremely influential on how I practice.
    Love the photo of you and Sassy, Dave. Good for the soul.
    Cool shirt Skip.

BBB OP ;-)
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning all.

We had a lazy day yesterday. Our shower wasn’t draining so we stayed home from our walk to wait for maintenance. Then it was just too hot for a walk.

Plus this elimination diet we are doing makes me tired ( might be in my head). I think he is about ready to add in something. He plans I cook. This works out well since we are only here for two more weeks. Few groceries to get and everything is pretty simple.

Our current favorite tv show is Somebody Feed Phil with Phil Rosenthal of Everybody Loves Raymond. Highly recommend for seeing foreign cities, great food and his humor.

Kelly I’m ready for a new book recommendation…you always have great suggestions.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

It took about 25 minutes to get downtown today when it normally takes about half that thanks to the ice. It's not much - same effort it takes to scrape a car in Chicago on any other winter morning, but they don't use salt here because of the aquifer. Just a little brine solution that does nothing.

It's quiet down here. Most folks are staying home and the unsheltered folks are at warming centers. Just a few of us down here braving the weather.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Happy planning wishes at the Moody house. It'll all work out! The biggest question is who's paying for what LOL
    Chingching $$$.

Cold here, minus 4F, they say feels like
    -17. I wouldn't know. I'm staying in my warm office on the other side of my house!

I read your next home location has a lot of expats Steph. So that will be Fun! Hope Ron finds his food grove!

Drive defensively Lou, use your Midwest winter experience to stay out of their way.

Looks like you had a good hike Dave

Fingers crossed Skip has a quick Sale!
    Remind me why you're moving again so soon??

Enjoy your day BBB
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning
    Subbing at high school today, then two yoga classes this afternoon
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

It was fun to get out for a nice forest hike, with enough snow and ice to add some interest.

Staying in the shop, today, to actually finish something, after a lot of time rough-turning wet cherry wood.

Central Texas doesn't do well with winter weather. We got an inch of snow once at Fort Hood and they had to close the post.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Tucker realizes he likes to look out the back window of Truck for fresh air. Can only imagine what cars behind me think.......

zaz59ozk3c75.jpeg

Mary - it's time to downsize. House is just too big to keep up with anymore and I'm thinking of popping smoke from current job this year or next and transition full time to academia. Alas, I need little or no mortgage. This new home is half the size and much much less maintenance.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Still on house arrest. Still testing positive, although the bold, dark line was a little less bold today.
    • Ice storms in the South do create havoc.
    • As much as I would like another dog, I have to remember those early morning and late-night walks, especially in the winter.
    • Stay warm BBB.
  • kgmoody
    Options
    I’m here dog sitting. I MIGHT be starting us off again. Their flight got delayed!!!!! Errrrr. Oh well.

Steph try Colleen Hoover’s. It Ends With Us. Pretty daggone good.