Roll Call ~ Thursday, February 9, 2023

Options
myallforjcbill
myallforjcbill Posts: 5,535 Member
Good Morning

I slept like a rock for 6 hrs last night which is good for me. Left hand began to imorove during the day and I have pretty good use of it now and can use my cane again. I was able to get some things done yesterday including some cooking. I may try making some dough this afternoon so I can make cinnamon rolls for the school early Friday morning. I lost my tutoring student yesterday who has decided to move to a new tutor now rather than later after we talked it through yesterday on Zoom. This will mark the end of my literacy volunteering. Possibilities in the Florence area are non existent. I will miss it.

Replies

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,844 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

I slept pretty well, too. Looking forward to the day.

I've never been to Atlantic City, but I have an impression of the whole place being kind of seedy and in need of renovation.

A few weeks back Rita surprised me by letting Sassy get up on our bed. The new routine is for our pup to cuddle between us for a while after we retire, then she gets down and sleeps in her own bed - until she wakes me in the morning.

The hip/sciatica pain was acting up yesterday. Since the PT did nothing, I need to go back to see what the next step should be. Mayne steroid injections?
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    Scotch and yoga Lee?? hard to top that one. Lots of aches and pains out there amongst the troops here on this board. Sorry about your hip Dave. Bill with your hand pains in addition to other stuff.
    My eye appt to redo test was the usual disaster. I think in part I mentally fatigue early along with having dry eyes too. No doubt I have lost some vision in left eye. Not totally sure how much is cataract vs glaucoma etc. I was bummed but am fine now.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,844 Member
    Options
    Bob, as a veteran of both cataracts and severe glaucoma, I can give you my experience of vision loss. Cataracts can affect overall visual clarity and have a big impact on color perception. Cataract surgery fixes all that. Glaucoma can damage the eye permanently. Visual field tests can show changes in how much you see in each eye. In my case I lost some peripheral vision. I also have two large blind spots within my fields of vision. My right eye lost most of the upper left quadrant. The left eye has a large blank area in the middle. They don't affect visual clarity, at all, but do affect night vision, since there is less area gathering light. Multiple visual field tests are needed to track changes. I'm no doctor, but I have been dealing with glaucoma for 39 years.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,607 Member
    Options
    Evenin' gents.