Looking for friends and motivation

Options
mariamyer
mariamyer Posts: 34 Member
Hi Nicky. My name is Maria. I am 64 years old. My history: I was very fit, worked out all the time, built muscle, loved to bike, hike, workout at the gym, Zumba, HIIT, weights, machines...I did it all. Then I had a bad fall hiking. The fall end result was needing to have both hips replaced and can I tell you, LIFE CHANGING! I am not able to do the activities to the extent I used to do. Needless to say, I have put on weight and lost muscle tone and strength. The week before New Year 2023, I fell twice, once on Monday and the other on Thursday. That was my wake up call to get back to the strong Maria I once was. I started on the treadmill right the next day and have been working out steady since. I am down 8 pounds since then and noticing my clothes fitting loose and can see my booty, calves, and arms toning up. I am motivated, but it will be steady and slow for me to build up the strength. I'd love to be part of your group and hope we can keep this going. I and 4'11", started at a little over 146 pounds and now down to 138.5 My goal is to be down to 125 by June. I am Italian and love to cook. Most of the meals is guess work on the calorie count logging since I do not eat pre packaged foods, everything is from scratch. Hope we can connect on here and motivate one another.