SOS shout out Sundays 9/1/2013

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey, guys! What happened this week? What you learn? How are things?
Share.

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    The realization that I don't have to live with a source of negativity in my life anymore, I have more and better friends around me now. I struggle with depressive states that are hard for me to get out of and I have a friend in my life that keeps me there, even if I'm good and I get in touch with her she can drag me down because her life is negative at her own choosing (yes, for those of you who have seen my mini rants on my timeline, I am speaking of my neighbor who broke her shoulder who has refused help from her family and believes that I am to drop everything and be at her beck and call.) My other friends (here and elsewhere) have been telling me that I should not let her walk all over me, help where I can but on my terms not hers.

Over the past year I have discovered that my dance friends are really friends and my friend base has expanded through the gym and these are all positive people in my life, the positive friends I need. They have cheered my successes, cheered me up in my back slides and blue states, and will listen to me so that way some days when I need it to be about me, it will be about me not refocused on someone else's negativity to pull me down or keep me down.

Super Trainer has assigned me a new theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHFp_r02zzY
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I learned that having friends to push you to exercise when you don't feel like it is a good thing. I know self motivation is important but sometimes when you don't have it having someone push you is a good thing and I hope we all find that. I also learned which I said all along holidays I meant to be and do it no shame or guilt.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    I learned that having friends to push you to exercise when you don't feel like it is a good thing. I know self motivation is important but sometimes when you don't have it having someone push you is a good thing and I hope we all find that. I also learned which I said all along holidays I meant to be and do it no shame or guilt.
    So very true!
    Sometimes they don't even have to say anything to push you, just knowing that they will be there is enough motivation to go. So glad I have my gym friends! I'm going this morning for Labor Day workout (RPM/Combat/Pump) and planning pizza for dinner since I don't have a grill to be able to grill out (and I'm going to enjoy every bite of it!)
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I learned that I'm really far behind.

14877786.png
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I learned that I'm really far behind.

14877786.png