Cup of Joe for Wed. 2/15/2023

Options
mcee1
mcee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
edited February 2023 in Social Groups
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

....a dog's life is too short, really their only fault.

Replies

• mcee1
    Options
    Rise and Shine!

Prayers with Lou and family as they honor and lay his cousin to rest.

Meeting a previous coworker for lunch today. Where has yet to be determined. Maybe Panera for soup, salad ...

Rain today and snow tomorrow here.

Have a good day BBB
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,003 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Restless nights sleep on couch, tucked away in our utility room, with Tucker in crate beside me while I sent DW/DMIL to hotel for evening. House is staged and set for photo/video shoot today. It looks nice - but sterile to me. Oh well. Fingers crossed.

DW and I spoke about cards. I was flabbergasted that a simple card was $7.99!!!! And simple roses from grocery floral hovering above $40 a dozen. I think it's a racket. I would rather show my affection with a nice meal out versus an overpriced card and flowers that will die in a week! (Ugh....is this a sign I'm getting old and more crotchety?).....😂😂😂

Ready for this stress to be over with!

Happy Hump Day!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,678 Member
    Options
    Mornin ' BBB

A nice orchid and some Valentine's hershey kisses kept me out of the doghouse.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,929 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

I gave Rita a card, she gave me a hug, we were good. We spent the whole day together, including a nice walk along the waterfront and lake in Olympia. Sunny, but chilly day. Sassy loved all the new sights and smells. We might go back again, today.

I never liked selling a house and all the hassles involved. My plan is for our son to decide what to do with our current house, after they carry me out feet-first.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Thinking about you and the family Lou.
    • Yes, that is a sign your are getting old Skip. Grocery stores roses were only $22.99 here. Of course, that is without the vase.
    • A quick brunch ride on the motorbike this morning and then an informal meeting with a church member looking for more information on our turmoil.
    • Enjoy lunch Mary. Those opportunities become really important when you are working from home.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    We exchanged cards yesterday, and DW heated up a casserole that was not all eaten Monday night; yes we are old.
    Yoga this morning, looking for a ride somewhere tomorrow; rain coming in tomorrow night then turning cold.
    Is Steph settled in new spot for a few weeks?
    Safe travels Lou! prayers are with you and family.
  • mcee1
    Options
    FYI Skip the Dollar Tree has cards for every occasion and many are Hallmark. Just sayin... ;);)

I get all my cards there. Several at a time for different occasions just so I have some ...if I need one.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

The reason for the trip sucks, but there's a perk.

9h0twjjfj9yj.jpg
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,003 Member
    Options
    Beautiful tribute, Lou!
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,141 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable pappy vanwinkle. I’m impressed.

No gifts or cards here. We had friends over. I ate like a bird. Feel much better today.
    I’m below my WW goal weight.

I’d never pay the money to stage a house. I’m too cheap. Ha ha. And it’s obviously, a
    PITA!!

Mary, I buy 99% of my card at the dollar tree too!!

It’s 69 degrees here today. February 15th and 69 degrees. That’s crazy!!