Options
podkey
podkey Posts: 5,081 Member
Up and at em gentlemen!!!

Replies

• podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    Can't believe all you gents aren't up yet.
    I am hoping Bill is doing great.
    Hope you get feeling better soon Steve after your being so crummy. We recycled mostly older valentine's day cards and I cooked a wonderful freeze seared ribeye steak.
    Freezing fog whilst out yesterday on the wetland trails and freezing today too.
    I think my DW has been a little sad lately but not sure of what's up. It is that time of year. Doing all these eye drops is truly a pain in the *kitten*! Well maybe a little higher up but don't like the routine.
    Hope the illnesses, aches, pains, and more are getting better for all you troopers.

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Morning...

Steve, you heroically serve your wife every day by going to work despite the challenges and difficulties. Of course, that doesn't matter as much to her as a personal card or flowers or whatever women like to hear. Actually, Sam's advice is probably good.

After 2 1/2 months, the copyright application for the song I wrote finally came back in the mail, and it was approved. I had figured it got sucked into a blackhole in Washington D.C. Couldn't believe it , had expected to be someone else's long forgotten composition. I showed the certificate to my piano class & teacher yesterday. (I told my kids, we're rich!!! haha).

Called Dr.'s nurse yesterday and she sent exercises and treatments for tennis elbow which has not abated, which I will start today. Not agonizing or debilitating, but a nagging pain which limits. I may have to stop or limit piano playing till it's better, hopefully not.

Springlike temps today. I REALLY have to get out for a walk/hike somewhere today.

Dave, hope your hip problems find a good solution. Do get outdoors even if not for 20 mile hikes--good for the mood, I really believe.

Bill, heal up.

Have a great day.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,846 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

I peeked in, here at 4:30 but didn't open a new thread. Just not in the mood, yet.

Looking forward to Bill's return. Hope he is doing well.

We're looking at another cool, dry day. It would have been a good one for a hike, but I have a noon appointment with the cable company.

The hip/leg/back pain comes and goes. It's annoying, but not debilitating. I do take a good dose of Motrin before bed, every night, lest the pains keep me awake.

Time in the shop, today. I need to continue sanding and applying initial finish on the large vase I turned. At DW's suggestion, I will leave the piece in the shop for a few weeks. The wood was cut four years ago but was still not completely dry. If I bring it in the house, where the air is warm and very dry from the furnace, it might dry too quickly and crack. That would be a shame, after all the work that has gone into it.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

It is good to be back. The procedure went will. Our local Stanford hospital has a unit that focuses only on Hip & Knee replacements so I got somewhat customized care. They kept my an extra day and discharged my by placing me in an ambulance to be taken home. They were not comfortable with my doing the stairs into our home. I start PT at home today. I did not enjoy PT in the hospital, it got me in touch with my pain and anger. I am on more meds than I ever have been, even when I had the stent insertion. Meloxicam is still in forced retirement replace my massive doses of ibuprofen. 800mg 3 times a day. A bit mind boggling but from an arthritis point of view a wonderful side benefit of no arthritic pain.

Dave we will be need a picture of that vase
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,846 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you back, Bill.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,611 Member
    Options
    Afternoon gents.

Welcome home and congrats on that new knee, Bill!
    Congrats on the copyrights, Mike. Now you need Elton John to buy the rights and play it on his new album.
    Hope your DW's mood brightens, Bob, and I hope Connie forgives Steve.
    Well, I powered through yesterday and was feeling pretty good when I got home so had a big salad with DW. My gut was not ready. Up all night long and was really dragging this am. Started myself on metronidazole today.

Be OP ;-)
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

I just realized that I had not checked in yet. We had crappy weather to drive in this morning. Kansas Highway Patrol responded to over 30 crashes on the Kansas side of the Metro this morning. That is not counting what local police and sheriff reported to. I must have left just before it got bad, because although I was at work 45 minutes early, I was able to drive in at 50-55 mph. Going home, however, might be a different story.

Connie is still miffed at me, but maybe not as much as she was. Tuesday was just a bad day for me. I started with a dental appointment and ended with a new hearing aid. I prepared salary payroll on Tuesday, and forgot to do the bank transfer, so I had negative cash today and received a phone call from the senior VP at the bank. Sigh.... I had ordered a special journal for Connie where she could write to Jacob. It is leather and has Jacob's name and birth and death dates on the front. I had been planning to give it to her whenever it came in, just as a gift. By happenstance, it came in yesterday. That helped pull me out of the gutter a little. Connie was supposed to speak tonight for MADD, but it has been postponed due to the weather.

We were closed yesterday for the Chiefs parade. We are less than a mile from the parade route. The boss looked at the cameras from yesterday. All of our parking lots were full, and our street had a "ton" of traffic on it. I am thankful that we had the day off.

I am still fighting a bit of sinus infection.

Bill, it is awesome to see you back online! I continue to hold you in prayer for a speedy and complete recovery. Bob, I am also remembering you, and all of you in prayer for various aches, pains, and challenges.

Have a great day!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Glad you are home Bill, physical therapist have no mercy.
    Emmaus breakfast then road up through North Georgia mountains. Dressed for 70's damp and cool in mountains, coming back about 75 miles from home sun out and had to stop and take hoodie off.
    Temps dropping tomorrow and below freezing Saturday morning.
    Getting new handlebars for Toad next Tuesday.
    Warmer temps means more bugs, need to go give Toad a bath.