Just had VSG! Tips and tricks post op

Options
Hey y'all! I got sleeved 2/20/23 and was wondering if this group was still active? I need all the help I can get lol!

Replies

• akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Congratulations! The MFP groups I followed before/post VSG are pretty much moribund, sadly. Maybe try FaceBook??

KEY TIP: Do everything right this first six months!!
    Protein first, no drinking liquids 20 minutes before/30 minutes after a meal, no straws, no alcohol, no carbonated drinks, build up to 5x/week @ 30 minutes walks (daily is better). Doing these things will give you the maximum benefit, with the most weight loss, and thereby more likely a longer success period. Once the "honeymoon" period is over, weight loss slows drastically, and hunger increases.

Note: rapid weight loss will cause hair to fall out. BE SURE you're getting an abundance of protein. Consider taking biotin and vitamins. I had to do liquid vitamins for a while, and they were nasty, so I wasn't good about taking them... and I did wind up with significant hair loss that has never come back.

I was sleeved June 2015, and kept the weight off for 5 years. Then came Covid. I gained 40 pounds back (out of 82 lost).

I started on acupressure ear seeds three weeks ago - have lost 5 pounds.
    Started on Ozempic last Friday at midnight, 2/24. Have lost another pound, and am feeling great that I'll get back down to 145. I'm back here, recording food, and checked in to see your message.

Feel free to "friend" me!

GOOD LUCK!!