Thoughts on Series 8? Especially compared to Fitbit?

Options
Ray_4331
Ray_4331 Posts: 23 Member
I have an old Fitbit HR. I love how simple the app is and seeing my goals for steps, calories, etc. The sleep feature is neat to look at, but I cannot say I set a goal or try to do anything about it.

I'd like to upgrade to something new. The FitBit Charge 5 looks neat, would keep me in a familiar app, and costs less but the annual fee for their Premium to get some of the key data services drives the cost up over time.

Has anyone else made the switch lately to an Apple Watch Series 8? Any thoughts on the watch of the app?

I have my FitBit app and MFP both syncing to Apple Health, but Health doesn't give me the nice neat overview I am use to on Fitbit. I am wondering if it will all make sense or work better if I get an Apple Watch, or do you find yourself using other apps for monitoring, etc?

Thanks!

Ray

Replies

• oklabecca
    oklabecca Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I switched from the Polar Ignite (original version) to the Apple Watch when I got the Apple Watch 8 for Christmas last year. I had used Polar watches for over 10 years before that because of the accuracy they provide when you use them with the Polar strap. I an MUCH happier with the Apple Watch. it does a lot more and that is nice, but the main reason is that it is fun. I find it to be much more incentivizing than the Polar. It has really helped me work toward my fitness goals. I don't know how all this applies to a Fitbit. I will say that I recently completed cardiac rehab. We wore 5 lead ekgs while working out and compared all of our watches to the heart rate that gave. The Fitbits were way off, as was the Polar without the strap. But the Apple Watch tracked right along with the ekg. That's why I asked for it for Christmas. I'm glad I did. One caveat. I use Mac computers, iPads and an iPhone. They all integrate seamlessly with the Apple Watch. I think that greatly enhances my experience with the watch.