Behold!

Options
IMG_1525_zpsc89bbf73.jpg

My friend's hubby made it for me and delivered it today! I can even do pull-ups (or work towards them) on that front crossbar.

Replies

• PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Not sure why the picture isn't working.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    IMG_1525_zpsc89bbf73.jpg

There ya go. Just changed the IMG to lower case.
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    Options
    Awesome, thank you!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Very nice!!! Have fun with your new power cage! Now you can really get down to business :drinker:
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's very nice! Can you explain what you use it for? I can see assisted pullups on the front crossbar and using the back side for a squat rack, but what are the bars on the sides for? And all the holes? In other words, how do you use this monster?
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    Options
    The bars low along the side are to keep me safe if I need to bail out of a squat. Also, when I get a regular bench (without the uprights attached) I can also use them as safety bars for the bench press. I can use it for overhead press by moving the pins holding the bar to the front of the rack so at least the bar is at a comfortable height to pick it up from directly to my chest.
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    Options
    Oh, and all the holes are to raise or lower the bars/pins depending on how high I need the bar or the safety rails.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Beautiful job! Jealous!
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yes, she is gorgeous. Now to paint her in rainbow colours... :bigsmile:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I have cage envy.
  • cats847
    cats847 Posts: 131
    Options
    Very cool
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    Options

LOL My friend who made it for me said, "are you going to paint it pink?" I said, "do I look like a pink kind of girl???" Rainbow though....LOL. I'm too lazy. It'll stay cedarwood colored!
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You know she needs a name now...
  • jogirlruns
    jogirlruns Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    THIS is a thing of beauty! Cheers! :drinker: Two small questions - are there plans available for this gorgeous device? And where do you get the pins to rest the bar on (the ones you stick in the holes)?

Joanne

(edited because my drunk old self was being a bit repetitious!)
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    Options
    Here are the plans I gave him. He modified it a tad and said the guy who created these plans is full of *kitten* when he says it can be made for $80. The hardware alone was $90. That being said, he used higher quality stuff than was in the plans because that's how he would want it if it were for him (like carriage bolts instead of screws). He used cedar so it would be super strong. He won't tell me the final price so I think it ended up being kind of pricey. However, I'm sure it would be a bit cheaper if top of the line stuff wasn't used throughout it. Regardless, he said it was still cheaper than buying one.

http://www.home-gym-bodybuilding.com/homemade-4x4-power-rack.html

He used small pipes with nipples (that's what he called them!) on each end to hold the bar. I'll get a pic tomorrow of the pipes.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Jealous. I want one :smile:
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Nice rack. Teehee! Looks much better than the store-bought home gym that we have in our basement. Enjoy it!!!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I am seriously jealous. Wondering if my dad would make me one...
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

You should totally do this!! :happy:

Completely jealous of your rack. :wink: Enjoy it!!
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    Options
    Thanks for all the compliments on my rack! LOL