Wednesday cup of joe 3/22/2023

Options
kgmoody
kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy)

Replies

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good morning

I’m meeting Natalie’s mom tonight at 5. Reilly and Nat have dated over 5 years. This will be the probably 3rd time I’ve seen her. Maybe 4th. I offered for her to come here since we live walking distance but she chose Starbucks. Ok with me. I think we’re discussing engagement party plans. Who knows.

Reilly has a bulging disc in his back causing him great pain. I’m praying it goes away with ice and rest.

Make it a great day!!
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~

#MotherTucker and I are up; walked; fed; and he's back asleep while I try to work a bit.

DW got calle in to substitute today - alas, I'm solo w/ DMIL all day.

Hoping to swing by house later today to see what, if any progress, we've made.

Skipper
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Yesterday was an... interesting... day. A homeless person caused a fire two doors down from our offices that destroyed that building and heavily damaged the one between us and the source. Our building reeks of smoke and we have several broken windows on the upper floors.

And we had events with 300 people that were supposed to be happening in our building yesterday! 😱

I found out at 630AM when I turned my phone on for the day and my text messages started blowing up and went straight downtown. We had air movers and HEPA filters brought in and the events went on (mostly) without skipping a beat except that the building started smelling like overdone s'mores instead of a wet ashtray.

Just pacing the building and working with remediation folks, I crushed my step goal without leaving the building all day.

So that was my day yesterday. Today.. 🤷‍♂️
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB.

Up early, this morning. I am heading out for my first hike in forever. The trail was snow-covered at the last report, a week ago, but might be thawed by now. We'll see. I don't expect I'll make it to my normal turnaround on this trail. That would be a 16-mile day and I am not fit enough for that, especially with some lingering snow to cope with. It will me great to get out in the woods and mountains, though.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Happy Humping,
    Yoga class this morning, then looking at house for neighborhood mission
    DW taking DMIL to her sisters
    Glad your building was not burned down Lou
    Future in-laws Kelly, neither of my kids in-laws like me and I have given up trying.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Well, that was quite a day Lou.
    • Good luck with the MIL Kelly. I guess there is an advantage of having K-9 kids.
    • Have a good hike Dave. My friends on the PCT are having a challenge with the weather.
    • I think I am off to Athens today.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    HOLY COW Lou!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Holy Smokes Lou!
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Wow Lou. What a mess.

Happy hiking Dave.

Our homeowners left late this morning. Cat is fine, dog is sad. I i imagine he will bounce back quickly as they have sitters frequently. We have a small errand this afternoon that we take him for, otherwise will hang at home all day.
    Our house is beautiful, traditional Mexican with American touches like cabinet doors, garbage disposal and screens. We have coved, brick ceilings and an amazing view of Lake Chapala.

We do have more chores than expected. There is a gardener but he only comes weekly and many many plants need daily watering. Hope I can keep them all alive.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Aerial photo. Our building is the red brick.

c8hv2oiabh8p.jpg
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Dennis, I have been following the Old Codgers on YouTube. They seem very competent. I'm sure they will make wise choices.

Holy cow, Lou! Glad your building was spared major damage.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Wow Lou, hopefully that smell, ooh hoo that smell that's around you, exits soon.

NIT Badgers took your Ducks Dave. ;)

Watering Gardens is good quite time Steph. Enjoy the pets too!

Kelly, keep us posted inquiry minds want to know

Enjoy Athens Dennis

Sam, who could not like You? Humf.