Friday cup of joe 3/23/2023

Options
kgmoody
kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (snoppy)

Replies

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    I think I messed up on snoopy’s name. Ha.

TGIF. trying a Thai place with friends tonight.

Bathroom remodel or demo starts tomorrow.

I too would love a housekeeper.

Make it a marvelous day.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
    Options
    Blasphemy on the "RedBaron!"

That must feel weird meeting the "future in-laws" - hope you all had a great time!

Pre-Drywall w/ my private inspector revealed some structural issues (plum is off on several walls by up to 1.5" in some instances...one truss is cracked.....ugh! Our walk through is today. Hope they can resolve SOON!

Afternoon at ye old hammer and nails for some chill time and a few brewski's before a retirement celebration late afternoon for a former neighbor who's retiring from US Space Force.

Raining today. Ugh.

TGIF!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Thai? Hope they make the noodles on site.
    Durn knee tricked out on me yesterday during dog training. Very ouch-y. May need to bite the bullet and get it replaced sooner than later.
    So are you thinking of buying a home and settling in Mexico, Steph? Or turning it into an AirBnB?
    Maddie is going to get spoiled, I imagine.
    "The plum is off" sounds pretty concerning. Anything over 3/4" per 7' is considered shoddy work per my googling. Did you discover it yourself, Skip?

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
    Options
    Nope. Hired my own home inspector to find stuff EXACTLY such as this :-).

Time to visit the OR, DVM!
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

That's a feature, Skip. Uneven walls are good good for reducing echo in a a room. 😉
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Heavy clouds below, sunny here at cabin.
    Already had a large breakfast, eating way too much since we left home yesterday morning. Though we have decided to just eat two meals a day.
    I would allow a 1/4 inch variance per 10 feet when I was contracting, when I done framing expected it to be within 1/8 inch. Of course lumber is so green now it could be erected correctly and warp in a few days.
    Kelly, sounds as you will soon have a new home,
    Lee, may be time to go ahead and get new knee or get very skinny to take weight off it. Go ahead and get done so you can go see grand this summer.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

That's really astonishing, Skip. I do like Lou's explanation, though. Acoustics are very important. Perhaps they are trying to give the ambiance of a very old home, in new construction. Check out the cool cracks in the foundation and lead paint, too! Make them fix it right. You need the bones of the house to be correct.

We have plum trees in bloom and the first daffodils showing their blooms, but it's mid 30s and raining. I want a day warmer than normal for a change.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Ouch Lee, rest up and lots of icing it, but I'm no doc nor do I play one on TV.

I got a Beef bone for Maddie to chew on this weekend, that and lots of walks and scratches are on our agenda. Thats all the spoiling she will get. Oh and maybe some car rides.

Hope your new house turns out fabulous Skip ! You'll make them get it right!

Thai is one of my favorites. I like it Thai style = hot,hot,hot. Enjoy Kelly.

Hope Sam and dw are enjoying cabin life and are relaxing !

DH is running electric to his shed this weekend. He's got it set up in there so fancy. Made custom wood hangers for everything etc.

I hear we'll have some more snow falling Sat. Ugh. Melted away this week. And now more again coming. Enough already.

Be well BBB TGIF!

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Maddie is going to be one happy dog.
    • Get the knee fixed Doc. Everybody raves about the results.
    • Rode 150 miles yesterday to dine in a hole-in-the-wall BBQ place 20 miles down the road. Excellent!
    • Enjoy your trip Sam.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

No plans for a house purchase. We like being renters and do not want the headache of managing a rental. So far our life works for us. Maybe some year we will find somewhere to stay for half a year.

Today I think we are headed east along the main road. Need to check out the markets that direction and Ron has a dentist picked out for some work. He needs to make an appointment. Usually easier in person with our not great Spanish.

Not surprised you have your own inspector…smart.