Anyone live near River Grove?

Options
mrhonesty
mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
I'm trying to find a track besides Riis Park to walk. Anyone know of a good stretch of road or a track?

Replies

• kmcguire93
    kmcguire93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Northlake - there is grant park on wolf road, I believe it is 3 miles around, at least thats what the city told me, so if you start at one spot & walk around back to that same spot it is 3 miles, otherwise I have gone to woodfield & the same thing, but it's only 1 mile around OR, busse woods I have done, but with winter coming for both grant park & busse I won't be walking there til spring - good luck :)
  • mrhonesty
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on that. I have been walking around the park next to the River Forest Police Station but they have to be sick of looking at me by now. i'll try Northlake for whatever time we have left. Thanks
  • kmcguire93
    Options
    I've been gone from MFP for awhile - ok, a LONG while - scale wasnt moving (either way), got discouraged and hadn't been logging MFP - how did the walking go in Northlake? Did you give it a shot?
  • mrhonesty
    Options
    I ended up getting a membership for the fitness center at Gottlieb. It's a bit pricey but very nice facility
  • kmcguire93
    Options
    Again, it's been AWHILE since I've been on MFP -that's great about joining Gottlieb -I go to the Y in Elmhurst (kind of a cruise for you though I'm sure) - since last message, I started a new journey and had gastric bypass surgery last Friday (Sept 5, 2014)

Good Luck! :)