How do you drink your water?

Options
Is it best to drink plain water? Is it OK to use drink mix (Crystal Light) to change up the taste of water?

Replies

• moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I think whatever works best for you to get your daily requirement is okay, as long as the calories are minimal to none. I like the taste of plain water, but I know others who do not and getting in at least 64 ounces is a challenge for them. I have used crystal light (with the zero calories) when I want something different.
  • VeeGareyGlenn
    VeeGareyGlenn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm from Baltimore and we love our Half & Half! So, i get the Totallt Light to Go, Half & Half, 0 calories and is great when you need a change from plain water!

Now i'm drinking my own infused water... love it!
  • Via88
    Via88 Posts: 46
    Options
    I drink all of my water plain, because those additives don't always have the best stuff in them. Plus, it's always better to have things as close to it's natural state as possible. That being said, I dont see anything wrong with having some of those additives every now and then :)
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone has said but try to slowly wean yourself off. I started by drinking Crystal Light 3-4 times a day, then only at meal times, then only at dinner. Now I rarely drink it at all.
  • LittleAngelamj
    LittleAngelamj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    it might help to add a fresh squeezed lemon to your water.. some people like it that way. I like it just plain myself.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I usually just drink it plain, but will sometimes add a squirt of lime and a squirt of lemon to it. That give it a nice zing, especially when I use that combo in my ice cold water on a very hot day.
  • b218w
    b218w Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Plain

When its hot I like cold unsweet black/green tea....

When its cold I drink hot unsweet black/green tea...
  • msdeedee23
    msdeedee23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use MIO, aspartame free, does contain sucralose. I limit it to once or twice per day, other than that it's plain water.
  • MotherMadamTransformed
    Options
    Thanks for sharing everyone!!!
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I drink my water plain at room temperature. I can't drink it cold.
  • nikkimcfadden
    nikkimcfadden Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I slice fresh fruit, lemons, limes, strawberries and tangerines in a water bottle (4 cups) and drink 2 bottles a day. It looks refreshing and tastes much better than plain water.
  • memelle13
    Options
    I add lemon and lately I have been adding cucumbers. I really like the fresh taste it gives the room temperature water.
  • MsRoniJ1
    Options
    I have no problem drinking plain water, but I try to jazz it up every so often. I start each morning with 12oz of room temperture water with fresh 1/2 lemon juice. Periordically, I'll drink flavored water w/zero "everything!" Sometimes I'll flavor it with natural ingredients like cut up fruit and let it sit. No matter how I take my water, I always drink 100oz a day.
  • FitNurseLex
    FitNurseLex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I try my hardest to drink it plain (or w/lemon) and at room temp. I often infuse it with fruits/veggies (cucumbers, mint, grapefruit, strawberries,basil, rosemary). However, when I'm really craving a different flavor, I will certainly use Crystal Light or Mio to change it up.
  • fedgal
    fedgal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I drink plain water and I love Sparking Ice in different flavors (no calories, carbonated and my favorite flavor is pomegrante blueberry).
  • EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I drink my neat, no gas (carbonated)! I have up'ed my intake since giving up all forms of soda (diet coke) on the 1st of October.
  • LaLa482
    LaLa482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I drink all of my water plain, because those additives don't always have the best stuff in them. Plus, it's always better to have things as close to it's natural state as possible.

This. It takes time but once you start drinking it plain and commit, it is not too hard. Good luck!
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Water intake has been my challenge for a very long time. I tried to increase by using those water additives but stopped because it's like drinking a "sweet" beverage, plus, the chemicals in there...nope.

So now, I will just drink plain water and MAKING myself use a schedule....1 cup at different intervals throughout my day...I am working towards 8 cups per day.
  • LynGrahamKemp
    LynGrahamKemp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love to add lemons, oranges, berries, cucumbers, mint leaves, and pineapples to my water. If I dont have any of those, I just drink it straight up.
  • lovestubbs
    lovestubbs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I drink Sparkling ICE sparkling spring water when I want to change up my water intake. It is ZERO calories (sweetened with Splenda). May different flavors and taste best ice cold.