Thursday 4/27/2023 cup of joe

Options
kgmoody
kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz

Replies

• kgmoody
    Options
    Good morning

I missed yesterday.

How’s the toe Lou?

I’ve seen those OC shoes. Heard great things. They’re super light weight too! I guess I better check them out myself. Hope the work and home life get done balance for you too skip.

Mary will be posting a picture. It’s FINALLY done. Shower doors weighed over 100 pounds each. Not kidding. 10mm glass. Wow do they ever slide so nice.

Big engagement party here Saturday. Lots of planting and cleaning to do today and tomorrow. Supposed to rain though. Hmm

Make it a marvelous day.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Huzzah for shower doors, Kelly!

The doctor said the toe is looking better to him and to keep doing what I'm doing. Said I should add Advil to the mix and soak it in warm water which the previous doc didn't mention, so I suppose it was worth the trip.

After-work social hour / birthday thing is today. I'm wearing pants, so that's about all I can do other than show up. 😉
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
    Options
    Morning~

LATE checkin - woke up to a 25 page doc review for the Directors office. Ugh! Just finished.

Lou - what did you do? Stub it? Step on something?

Good luck w/ Engagement soiree! Rainout forecasted here all weekend too! Ugh.

I always wanted a glass block shower (yep 70's shabby chic). DW said, "NFW" (I might be paraphrasing).

Have a super day, BBB!

SKipper
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    u6bb1txoayu9.jpg
  • mcee1
    Options
    ydwedx9k81v4.jpg
  • mcee1
    Options
    Looks great Kelly! Rain or Shine I bet your party will be wonderful! Are you catering it or doing it all yourselves food wise?

Yeah Lou, what did you do to your toe?

We are going to get 2 sunny days here today and Fri, then back to cold. Sigh. This has been a terrible cold snowy spring. I will be lucky to get plants in my memorial day, which is typical in Wisc.

Have a great day BBB!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin ' BBB

Nice shower and reno, Kelly.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
    Options
    Very nice!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

We're painting the house, this summer. Now I have to get bids from contractors. We've had one over already and I have to wait around this morning for the second too show up. No. 3 will be Saturday morning, and a fourth next week. I hate this kind of thing.

Yeah, Lou, what happened to the toe?
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Beautiful bath Kelly,
    Cool wet day here,
    Started day with Emmaus breakfast, learning more than I want to know about church affairs; seems as North Georgia United Methodist Conference is out to destroy church. New bishop declared that homosexuality is not a sin. Now is sending a new pastor to our church in July with same beliefs. This morning when asked where I stood told them I try and follow the Bible. District superintendent and proposed new pastor has refused to answer how new pastor stands on discernment. Going to be a couple of interesting months ahead.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Those be some heavy doors, but they look great.
    • How Lou, what did you do to your toe? Glad you are on the mend.
    • Good luck with the party Kelly. Take the time to enjoy it.
    • Afternoon Braves game in my plans.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Bathroom looks great.

Mary you should visit theLake Chapala area. Even during the height of dry season (now) there are flowers everywhere. I can’t even imagine what it looks like in Late June. This is a 3966aayt19yj.jpeg
    house near us.

Housekeeper and handyman coming today. Who knows when…Mexican workers don’t give times and don’t even usually arrive on the right day. Oh well. I don’t mind a low key day at home.
  • mcee1
    Options
    Beautiful Steph!!!
  • kgmoody
    Options
    Beautiful Steph.

I got all the flowers planted today. I’m pooped. Tomorrow is window washing and some food prep. I’m doing it all. I’m too cheap for a caterer ha.