Saturday cup of joe 5/20/2023

Options
kgmoody
kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz

Replies

• kgmoody
    Options
    Good morning from Florida. At the airport for a 6:30 flight back to Indy. Direct flight. Too early.
    Got tons of sun. Back to the grind of cooking and when we get back home.
    Make it a great day.
  • kgmoody
    Options
    After reading up I think I forgot to tell you all that it’s our yearly trip to Florida. Oops.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Lots done yesterday. Internet installed; 75% of house accent walls done; bar is built outwitting for stone measurement. today is all about painting; closet installs; and moving some of the bigger furniture into the house. getting Cameras up and running. etc. Fence and irrigation done
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Wishing you much success Skip.

I’m going with dad to omaha to see youngest niece run at the state track meet. It will be 8 hours in the car for about a minute of running but will make my sister happy and she is mad we didn’t make it to her son’s graduation last weekend.

We are making good progress on selling stuff, have a big pile to give away and have packed 3 totes that we will store at new house. Maybe 2 as the bike panniers are in one and they are still for sale. But they are so new and so expensive I am asking a lot for them and I bet they don’t sell in a week.

Last big project here is to fit the bikes and accessories in the new bike travel cases. It is total more weight than we can have so borrowing new step sisters very accurate sheep scale and that is Ron’s big project today. Included a photo of said sheep. 6cpdflfdawrk.jpeg
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB!

43F at the lake @ 0745 and sunny. Forcast shows temp to climb into 70s today and Sun. Our agenda is opening and setting up guest camper for next weekend. Boating over to hoa office and pay our annual 150.00. There's a Fundraiser up at hoa lodge too, for a end of life-make a wish type foundation... its a lake home with all the amenities...families can come and spend a week no charge. Everything is taken care, has a pontoon boat too. I want to give a donation. Its a good cause.

Welcome back Kelly!

Good luck at trials Lee

Steph, your life continues to amaze, great sheep photo with dh!

Skip. You're almost There! Did you offend dmil ?☺

Maybe our GA bikers get out today ride safe!

Dave. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Including your money lol.. sounds like your enjoying yourselves!

Be well BBB

Skip has the wheels rnmolling!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Last day in Vegas, we fly out this evening and should get home around midnight.

I hit a couple hot streaks on slots last night. Made up all I had previously lost and put me nicely into the green. Hope I don't lose it all today B) .

We have used up all our free and two-for-one offers on food, so today we eat more frugally: a simple breakfast, an Asian lunch and a stop at a burger place in the airport.

Sounds like a hectic day at the new digs, Skip. Stay cool.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • I can hear the smile on Mary's face at the Lake.
    • Kelly doesn't tell us about her trip to FL until she gets back due to concerns with the paparazzi.
    • Fence and irrigation done in 1 day. How much bourbon did that cost you? I'm impressed.
    • I got a lot done yesterday too but nothing like Skip. Mine was mostly adminstrative.
    • Steph, when do you start the travel blog?
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Huzzah for irrigation, fencing and whatnot, Skip!

Steph - there's this concept in accounting called a sunk cost. Don't let money already spent influence future decisions. If you aren't going to use the panniers, then get what you can.

We got a bit of bad news yesterday. Cecilia's contract at AMD will not be renewed beyond June 30th. They aren't calling what they've been doing a layoff - but when tons of people are "restructured" out of a job, it's the same thing from where I sit. On the brighter side, it means she doesn't have to thread a needle for the trip to Brazil to see her mom in August.

Nothing on the calendar for this weekend and we're hoping to keep it that way. We have the trip next weekend, a friend's birthday the next, and then friends are coming to town the following weekend, so we need to pace ourselves.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    I get you on sunk cost. That is why we are getting rid of everything else. Most is so easily replaceable and/not worth that much.

I think we will use the panniers for a ride across Northern Europe eventually...just not sure when. My dad and Missy want to visit a friend in Denmark sometime and we will likely meet them there. But she is still working so not sure when. I'm guessing 3-4 years.

State track meet was good. Weather was perfect. But it's going to be a 12 hour day for a few seconds of running. They got 13 out of 16 teams which is what they expected. But I did get a quick stop at Costco so have some snacks now