CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon WaistAways!

PW: 173.8
    CW: 173
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hello :-) @jugar I'm back :-) took a long break whilst dealing with health issues. I'd like to rejoin this fabulous group if that's possible. I'm at my heighest weight ever I think as I've had a stressful 18 months but now things are settling down, I've been declared well and I'd like to concentrate on getting my weight to a better place.
    Weigh-in day still Friday.
    Fri 9th June weigh-in: 96kg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Non-negotiables. This is a great question to address @ashleycarole86 - taking a stand and sticking to it! Even if it is a very small thing, this is a great muscle to keep using. I'm going to go on a bit about this! I have been thinking about it lately, and finding ways to stay responsible for my own wellbeing. I am not sure that these non-negotiables are necessarily what we fall back on when things are hard - they are (or can be) things that mean a lot to us and we need to fight to stick to them when things get hard. The rewards are great.

One important thing for me about non-negotiables is that they should not aim at something negative, or it is hard believing in them. Instead of aiming to eat less, stop doing this or that, ask how can you feel your best, happiest, most fulfilled? Controlling your eating might be one of the tools, but try to see it as a way to fight for the best life, not as a deprivation. It is going to feel better than those short-term "thrills". Remember what you love about feeling on track, the long-term thrill of getting healthier, stronger, all the good stuff. And success does not have to be 100% all the time! I am sure all of you are doing better than when you started. I know we tend to go for measurable goals and all the numbers, but it works best if it is in the service of our best life and feeling amazing.

My non-negotiables come in a couple of different flavours. These are some of them.

Some are concrete no-go (or always-go) actions:
    • I will always get some form of exercise every single day, even if it is stretching or breathing exercises. Strength building and working up a good sweat are important!
    • I always stand on one foot while brushing my teeth.
    • My diet is centred on vegetables, with low levels of grains and careful amounts of healthy fats.
    Some require a plan (before) and consequences (after, if the plan is not followed):
    • I will not eat to the point of feeling grossly full, or seriously regretful about how much I ate.
    • In general, at home, I'll stick to my meals, aim to be good and hungry for all of them, plan, pre-log if it feels needed.
    The plan varies for different situations. If I know a restaurant or group meal is coming up, I plan ahead. I might decide (firmly!) to avoid bread, drink only water or seltzer, skip dessert, etc. I will also decide to have a great time and enjoy feeling healthy after the meal.

Consequences for breaking these commitments include a careful eating plan all pre-logged for the next day(s). For a more serious stretch of transgression, I do a period of time (week, 2 weeks, etc.) with no flour, no grains, no whatever I think will help to tame the triggering reactions and general portion mania. Perfect days, in other words.

Of course, consequences for sticking with the plan is celebration! It feels good!

• jugar
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Hello :-) @jugar I'm back :-) took a long break whilst dealing with health issues. I'd like to rejoin this fabulous group if that's possible. I'm at my heighest weight ever I think as I've had a stressful 18 months but now things are settling down, I've been declared well and I'd like to concentrate on getting my weight to a better place.
    Weigh-in day still Friday.
    Fri 9th June weigh-in: 96kg

Welcome back, Pearl!! I am glad you are here again - and I am sure you will enjoy meeting some of our new people and re-connecting with us long-haulers. It is good that things are settling down for you. Come and hang out, and I'm sure you'll be making good progress soon :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Last Call!

This week's remaining weigh-ins due by about 9 hours from now:
    @TessieMac833
    @graceojo999
    @MoonlitMuse
    @alydanbeads
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @IDebraK

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Friday

CW 206 😕
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in-

PW - 185
    CW - 185.7

An unsurprising gain (I weigh daily) but not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I really have to work harder at upping my water intake.

And here are my step and exercise stats for the last 7 days:

Sunday 4th June - 3275
    Monday 5th - 7339 / 23 mins Walking
    Tuesday 6th - 5042 / 20 mins Lucy Wyndham Read Sculpted Walk / 5 mins LWR Arm Toning
    Wednesday 7th - 11659
    Thursday 8th - 5539 / 13 mins LWR Low Impact Cardio / 5 mins LWR Waist Training
    Friday 9th - 3725
    Saturday 10th - 7052 / 41 mins Olivia Lawson Metabolic Walking workout

This new week my plan is to -
    Continue logging
    Increase water intake - daily
    Complete my 2nd Deload week with similar exercise structure to last week

Enjoy your Sunday, Friends.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 8,489 + 60 min body combat class
    Monday: 3,508 + 60 min body pump
    Tuesday: 9,227 + 30 min jog @ 4.7 mph
    Wednesday: 5,348 + 60 min body pump class
    Thursday: 3,072
    Friday: 3,459
    Saturday: 1,690

So I am feeling a bit better today! I don't want to push myself too hard though, so still not heading to the gym. It's amazing how much 23 hours of sleep since Friday can help!

My plan for today is to make sure I have breakfasts and lunches for the work week.
  • jugar
    Options
    As usual, I'm late with the Sunday reminder! We're off to a good start with @YinxFed and @project_shan - thanks! Here is who else we are hoping to hear from today:
    @TessieMac833 & @graceojo999 You both missed last week! Don't forget today :smiley:
    @strong_fit_ells
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    If I had a gallon of ice-cream right now, I'd probably eat the whole thing, and it's too early for wine. I'll go out to the garden and that should do the trick - just got a text that our 3day/wk caregiver is taking a new job and can't keep on with us. So with that, and my sister (the other caregiver) having knee surgery in July the stress level rises. But I'll go garden and just try to go with the flow............ :#
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

r7kkil8uijf2.png
    wzxmfmoupoin.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    6nqb5jabi8jh.png

By Pounds
    sm649o14t2bl.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    7bwvljlvtvzt.png

By Pounds
    ly543mzd5zg6.png

Team Winners
    r7b1rhip08pg.png
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all who have already submitted their June week one steps. Gold stars for all!

Here are mine:

Jun 4 - 6009 steps + 37 minutes Peloton
    Jun 5 - 11068 steps + 43 minutes Peloton
    Jun 6 - 12950 steps
    Jun 7 - 11167 steps
    Jun 8 - 11172 steps
    Jun 9 - 6903 steps
    Jun 10 - 7298 steps + 10 minutes strength + 15 minutes yoga
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    IDebraK
    WEIGH IN: Saturday
    I didn't forget. We took a spontaneous day trip yesterday. I had no service and didn't think to update before we left.
    PW: 132
    CW: 130.8

OH! And then I typed all of this about 7 hours ago, and I just saw that I never hit the "post" button.
  • jugar
    Options
This discussion has been closed.