6.3.23 Cup of Joe Sat.

Options
mcee1
mcee1 Posts: 3,587 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy)

Replies

• mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Ron! Hope you had a good one!

Its Baby shower Sat! And dh will begin to grill 48 brats a bit later. I have 8lbs of BBQ pulled chicken started this morning as well. I want to be at the venue I rented by 11:30am. Party starts at 1pm. Both our vehicles are packed to the brim. This little baby boy sure has a village behind him already.

So we know its an import. hmmm is that all we know? Skip?

Hope Boys State goes well Dennis

Sam well be at the lake next weekend.

Enjoy your Sat everyone!
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,000 Member
    Options
    Morning

#MotherTucker and I up early. Swapped my ute with pals son to use his ram to go to dump and recycle center. Two loads. Now off to wash DW ute. Laundry going. It’s been a productive (busy) morning.

Have a great time guiding tomorrows leaders at VSU, Dennis.

Happy Birthday, Ron! 50 is a milestone. 🎉🎉🎉

Not sure what else is on docket today. Tho k DW and DMIL going to grad party for niece. Tucker to daycare for pup splash day.

Skipper
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Today we plan to take the bikes out for a short ride to the farmers market and BMX show. They are both not too far. If all is well we might go further uptrail to the bike shop as I need new pedals.

Glad moving is going well.

Cheers to a successful party Mary.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,927 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Enjoy the shower, Mary. Don't stress.

Long day yesterday, cutting down trees and cutting and hauling wood. More of it today, as we put a giant pile of limbs through a chipper. I've done more than my share, but as co-chair of the building and grounds committee, I feel obligated to be there. It's that old Army leader training.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • I hope the shower goes well Mary!
    • How did your visit with the Guv go Lou?
    • Got in a motorbike ride to the ice cream shop yesterday, hope for more today.
    • May you find the perfect pair of pedals Steph.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,548 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Happy belated birthday, Ron!

The event went fine yesterday. There's some sort of lover's spat between the Governor and Lieutenant Governor that's been making things interesting here in Texas. Both agree on how much to reduce property taxes but differ on how to do it. So much different than Illinois where they could never agree on how much to rip off taxpayers and just went with the stupidest thing on offer as a compromise.

We have a birthday dinner tonight that I booked 3 weeks ago for a friend before he decided to skip town and go camping. Since the reservation is hard to get, the rest of us are going without him. 😉
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    DD and DGS came last night, fixed chocolate chip pancakes for DGS this morning, think DD is concerned about where her grandmother is preparing to go. Has DMIL out this morning to see Madison House.
    Carried trash off this morning, planning on picking black berries this afternoon. Still waiting for government approval for DMIL to move.

Mary, hope you and everyone enjoys shower,

Happy Belated Birthday Ron.

Lou, enjoy dinner

Don't overdo it Dave.