What's your next step?

Options
Hi all. I'm getting started here in MFP and am working back to some healthier choices. I'd love for all of us to share our next step we are targeting and offer updates here as accountability.

I'll chime in in the comments below about mine!

Replies

• peggycollinscolorado
    peggycollinscolorado Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm focused on getting my food logged each day in MFP + making at least one good, better, best choice every day. I'll plan to come back to this post to update my progress each day as I get rolling.

6/8/23: Tracking complete
    G/B/B: Chose the hilly route on my walk instead of the flat one, skipped the tortilla chips with my dinner burrito, measured most of my food today and cut back on one higher calorie item and added tomatoes.
  • peggycollinscolorado
    Options
    6/9/23: tracking complete
    G/B/B: only ate 1/3 of my restaurant meal at lunch, used a yogurt sauce for my salad to up my protein today
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Help me Peggy, what is G/B/B?
    I am good at tracking, but tend to go over my calories, obviously! LOL

Baby steps to come.
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    my goals for right now are to track my food, take a minute to think about my choices and be mindful of those choices.
  • peggycollinscolorado
    Options
    Thanks for joining in @majork29! Those are great things to be focusing on!
  • peggycollinscolorado
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @StrongerJan I am focusing on making one or more good, better or best choices a day. My example is I am considering potato chips. A good decision would be to take a portion and put the bag away, a better choice would be to measure out a serving or maybe 1/2 and best would be to skip them all together.
  • peggycollinscolorado
    Options
    6/10: Tracking complete
    G/B/B: no desserts, hiked 7 miles
  • peggycollinscolorado
    Options
    6/11: tracking complete
    G/B/B: Took time to figure out a good mini meal that fit my missing nutrients best tonight instead of just grabbing the easy thing that wouldn't have been as aligned.
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I can track and I can exercise - a little - ( weeks out of a shoulder replacement) but stay in range is a struggle. I will continue to work on this
  • peggycollinscolorado
    Options
    Shoulder replacement is a big surgery. Hope you are getting to the other side of that. Do you have any ideas about a small step you could try to see if you could get closer to your target?
  • peggycollinscolorado
    Options
    6/12: tracking complete
    G/B/B: I used my standing desk for more than 2 hours today!!!
  • georginalouisemcp
    georginalouisemcp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love this chat. Making mini goals, or new things that might help. Do here goes…
    G/B/B tracking as I eat rather than when I remember… guilty of that today but hoping to try and do this moving forward.
  • peggycollinscolorado
    Options
    Glad it is appealing! I am having good luck putting my plan in the night before and then updating as the day goes. Do you have a firm enough plan that might work? I had to dump an entire meal today but I still think it was worth doing.
  • peggycollinscolorado
    Options
    6/13 (how is it almost the middle of June?!??):
    Tracking: complete
    G/B/B: took the hill route on my walk, stood for 30 min working, tried to mindfully enjoy my wine with dinner. If I'm going to have it, I should notice and enjoy it. It was delicious!
  • georginalouisemcp
    Options
    Glad it is appealing! I am having good luck putting my plan in the night before and then updating as the day goes. Do you have a firm enough plan that might work? I had to dump an entire meal today but I still think it was worth doing.

I tend to go old school. I have been writing meals out on paper, then tracking on app after I eat them. So def going to plan meals on mfp. Why didn’t I think of that before. Thanks!
  • georginalouisemcp
    Options
    Also need to up my water intake. That’s my mini goal today!
  • peggycollinscolorado
    Options
    Why didn’t I think of that before. Thanks!
    That's one of my favorite things about sharing like this. Sometimes we hear just what we need at just the right time.

Will love to hear how your day goes with tracking and water!
  • georginalouisemcp
    Options
    Felt really in control today planning and putting my meals in ahead. Also drank lots of water today. Although the frequent trips to the bathroom are slightly annoying!

Love the feeling of being proactive!
  • peggycollinscolorado
    Options
    Great job Georgina!

Here's my update:
    6/14: Tracking complete
    G/B/B: Used standing desk for 2 sessions, finally returned the calls from my doctor, hiked 3.5 miles, 700 ft elevation after work, had a snack instead of going to bed hungry which would just set me up for rebellion. Did not buy any sweet treats at Trader Joe's.
  • peggycollinscolorado
    Options
    6/15: tracking done
    G/B/B: walked to the clubhouse for a meeting, drank water when I found myself surfing for a snack and realized I wasn't really hungry but was thirsty.