Introduce yourself

Options
Yay! So happy to see some people joining us! Please drop an introduction in the comments below.

Replies

• peggycollinscolorado
    peggycollinscolorado Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Peggy and I live in CO. I'm new to MFP this week. I'm focused on small changes that I truly believe I could sustain long term. I'm leaning heavily on things that have worked for me in both health arenas like food and exercise and other areas of habit building.

I do really well being a participant in something like this where I feel obliged to come post for others and then do the thing for myself. If you are familiar with Gretchen Rubin's 4 tendencies, I'm a true blue obliger.
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I'm Jan and live in north-east Pennsylvania.

I am 67 yo, live in a somewhat rural area, have too many cats (6) and a Giant Schnauzer, named Indy that I absolutely adore.

Just had left shoulder replacement surgery 3 weeks ago, so I am SLOW going and baby- steps sounded like a great idea.

Still working, but hope to retire by the end of this year, or spring.

Let's see some new people and get this moving.
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Good morning from the north. I'm kira nad I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We are having a very smokey spring this year, lots of fires.

I'm 52 years young, live in the suburbs with my husband, my youngest daughter (who is special needs), our 2 cats, Hunter and Shadow and our dog, Farley who is almost 10 months old. Our son lives not too far away and is often over to see us, our middle child(daughter) lives 5 hours away in Lethbridge where she works and goes to university.

I work somewhat full time. I am a firm believer in small changes can make huge differences. I have at least 50lbs left to lose.

I have AS (ankylosing spondylitis) which is a form of arthritis. It causes me a lot of inflammation. Right now, I am reading a few books on the anti-inflammation diet. I have also been reading Strong Women, Stay Young by Miriam E. Nelson, Ph.D
  • peggycollinscolorado
    Options
    Yay! So happy to meet both of you! Welcome! Lots of pets! No fur creatures at my house except an occasional visit from my BFF's Whoodle.
  • georginalouisemcp
    georginalouisemcp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I’m Georgina! I’ve joined today and just getting to grips with MFP. Thought joking a group would be a great way to kick start me!
  • peggycollinscolorado
    Options
    Welcome Georgina! So glad you joined us. Looking forward to hearing from you!
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hi Georgina welcome to the group
  • georginalouisemcp
    georginalouisemcp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for welcoming me. First day done and wasn’t too bad!

How is everyone else?

• peggycollinscolorado
    Options
    Great! Always nice to have a good strategy. I'm good. My meals have been super satisfying so far this week.
  • Chemal71
    Chemal71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m malynn and just joining today. I’m 51 and live in the suburbs of Los Angeles. Spent my 40’s gaining weight eating the same way I had eaten in the previous years. Needing to change habits. My daughter (22) has moved out, and my son (20) doesn’t need much of my time anymore. So, it’s time to take time to improve my health.
    I like the idea of small goals adding up and hope to do so for both diet and exercise.
  • peggycollinscolorado
    Options
    Welcome Malynn! So glad you're here!