day 97395660 of the 30 DS

Options
ok is this ever going to end? im on day 26 and bored to tears. i really dont like level 3 and dont feel im getting as good of a workout because a lot of the moves hurt my knee. i cant wait to be done.

Replies

• nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. I know that feeling of excruciating boredom, but just don't think about it and do it. That's what I'd say. Only 4 days left! Really, only 4!
    It feels soooooo good when it's over!
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    4 days don't PHONE IT IN now!!! :laugh: seriously you can do it!!
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    This made me laugh. I must have the patience of a saint because I'm on day 22, 15 days level one/7 days level 2, and still love it. I'm going to finish this week out on level two and then next Monday will start level 3. Level two is a pain, looking forward to level three but don't want to sell myself short on moving up too soon.
  • nelinelineli
    Options
    Indeed you must be incredibly patient... I sprinted right through it with my last breath. Could not have done it a single day more!
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    im not taking any rest days which might be leading to my boredom with it. day 27 done today.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    im not taking any rest days which might be leading to my boredom with it. day 27 done today.

Yeah, I bet that's it. I've taken quite a few rest days. Grats on 27!! You're doing great, keep on going!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Indeed you must be incredibly patient... I sprinted right through it with my last breath. Could not have done it a single day more!

Haha, I am a very patient person. I work in tech support, ie I walk people through plugging and unplugging wires and 95% of the time when I say unplug just the little black round power cord, this is what I hear, "okay I pulled out every plug in the three boxes I have!" and I facepalm, take a deep breath and begin the long tedious process of replacing every plug but the one I needed out in the first place haha. I really do love my job though, I'm a major people person and love to solve problems so I'm right where I want to be <3
  • nelinelineli
    Options
    That's truly admirable. I'm a (perpetual) grad student. I wish I had that kind of patience with my occasional students. But honestly, after explaining how to plug A into B 5 times I just sigh and go away... Something I'm still working on...
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    That's truly admirable. I'm a (perpetual) grad student. I wish I had that kind of patience with my occasional students. But honestly, after explaining how to plug A into B 5 times I just sigh and go away... Something I'm still working on...

I credit my mother for this. She had cancer along with been manic depressant and when everyone kind of bailed on her (it wasn't her fault she was sick), I stuck it out. It was SO hard, but it made me a better person all around. I miss her <3 I could only stand it until I was 15 when my dad put me with my grandma and by 16 1/2-17 I was on my own.
  • nelinelineli
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you had to go through such a childhood, but I'm very glad you see it as is... a situation that made you a much better person. I have to say, most people I have met that I deeply respect and admire have had tough lives.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you had to go through such a childhood, but I'm very glad you see it as is... a situation that made you a much better person. I have to say, most people I have met that I deeply respect and admire have had tough lives.

Yeah, a rough past sure will show your true colors. It's alright, it's in the past and I wouldn't change it for anything. I grew up fast but hey, better then too slow as I've seen in a lot of people my age who are ruining their lives. Besides I like to think she looks down on me and my family everyday, free from all the pain and stress of her illness, This makes me happy :)
  • nelinelineli
    Options
    Can't dare to say I know how you feel since the worst I had to deal with were two overworked, stressed out parents, but it does remind me of my grandma, who at the age of 40 had MS, was senile, had blackouts, later on got Alzheimer's... and she had psychological issues to begin with. She lived well into her 80s and her last 2 decades were in agony - constant panic attacks, episodes of rage and confusion, couldn't remember or recognize anyone, had no control over her bodily functions... Although we all loved her, having to go through that for 20 years seemed like an incredibly cruel fate and her passing away felt like her liberation.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Can't dare to say I know how you feel since the worst I had to deal with were two overworked, stressed out parents, but it does remind me of my grandma, who at the age of 40 had MS, was senile, had blackouts, later on got Alzheimer's... and she had psychological issues to begin with. She lived well into her 80s and her last 2 decades were in agony - constant panic attacks, episodes of rage and confusion, couldn't remember or recognize anyone, had no control over her bodily functions... Although we all loved her, having to go through that for 20 years seemed like an incredibly cruel fate and her passing away felt like her liberation.

Yes, it was hard on me but I know it was better for her. I can't think of anything worse I've had to do then to sign her "do not resuscitate" papers when I was 25... I felt kind of like a murderer :( but it was best for her. She fought cancer from 1991 to 2010 and she was done. Needless to say I get all of my health screenings because all hers started with was a small bump near her underarm that she thought was no big deal. I also do all the relay for life's and try my best to support the cause. My grandma on my father's side also had breast cancer which unfortunately makes me at risk, but I'm not going to worry until I have to :)